• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N.R.A. Members should be sent to Gitmo?

alphamale

Another gun hating nut job with a podium...

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/opinion/perry-we-can-only-save-ourselves-from-kidnappers-at-the-nra/

PERRY: We can only save ourselves from kidnappers at the NRA
I’m talking about the real terrorist threat here in America: the National Rifle Association

BY DAVE PERRY, Aurora Sentinel editor 04/25/13 7:39 am :: Last updated: 05/07/13 12:12 pm

I have seen the light. After all these years, I now agree that it’s fruitless to give the benefit of the doubt to people who are so obviously corrupt, so clearly malevolent, so bent on hurting innocent people for their own sick gain.

No more due process in the clear-cut case of insidious terrorism. When the facts are so clearly before all Americans, for the whole world to see, why bother with this country’s odious and cumbersome system of justice? Send the guilty monsters directly to Guantanamo Bay for all eternity and let them rot in their own mental squalor.

No, no, no. Not the wannabe sick kid who blew up the Boston marathon or the freak that’s mailing ricin-laced letters to the president. I’m talking about the real terrorist threat here in America: the National Rifle Association

I’m not laughing. What the NRA did last week was no laughing matter. Aurora is a community that knows only too well the downside of prolific guns, of military weapons in the hands of crazy people, of a nation that’s gone so far off base when it comes to firearm regulations that common sense is beyond our reach.

If you don’t read the thousands of newspapers in this country that came out with their own editorial guns a’blazing last week after a minority of craven, lying, sniveling, cowardly U.S. senators cheated the very premise of American government to back their masters at the NRA, let me offer you a few choice excerpts:

“But now, the cowards defied the will of most Americans and helped the hardliners and hypocrites prevail. They allowed themselves to be cowed into submission by a loud but very unrepresentative minority of NRA members who threatened retribution against anyone who voted in favor of the bill.”

Just another liberal rag in a liberal wasteland toeing the liberal line? No, that was the Dallas Morning News.

“It would be shameful, except too many of our politicians have no shame. Again, the gun bill showed that … Nobody wants the mentally ill having a gun. Nobody, that is, except many of your senators. They just don’t care.”

Barefoot hippies in Boulder? No. That was the Florida Sun Sentinel.

See the rest of article at link below

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/opinion/perry-we-can-only-save-ourselves-from-kidnappers-at-the-nra/

mikeyb

These media idiots are fantastic (sarcasm). They are assuming it was all the NRA, not the millions of others that contacted their elected representatives. The other problem was the all-or-nothing approach. The media obviously doesn't see that. And standing up for the Constitution? Not passing knee-jerk legislation?

If elected officials listened to the constituents after 9-11, how many would bet that our gov't would have banned all incoming middle-eastern people, and probably throw out 1/2 the taxi drivers. Muslim religious places would have been boarded up or destroyed.

Fearful people make horrible decisions.

sudden valley gunner

These media idiots are fantastic (sarcasm). They are assuming it was all the NRA, not the millions of others that contacted their elected representatives. The other problem was the all-or-nothing approach. The media obviously doesn't see that. And standing up for the Constitution? Not passing knee-jerk legislation?

If elected officials listened to the constituents after 9-11, how many would bet that our gov't would have banned all incoming middle-eastern people, and probably throw out 1/2 the taxi drivers. Muslim religious places would have been boarded up or destroyed.

Fearful people make horrible decisions.

With the risk of being moderated and accused of bashing the NRA. I think they would have capitulated or compromised if it wasn't for all the non NRA members who threw their weight on the side of liberty. Shows the ignorance of these idiots statements, not only of gun owners but of the NRA.