Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D printable gun shut down by government. By Dept.of State, Office of Defense Trade-

3D printable gun shut down by government. By Dept.of State, Office of Defense Trade-

Last edited by Nightmare; 05-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Centurion

Much the same at Gun Watch

Defense Distributed Site DEFCAD down, shows message claiming request from US Department of Defense Trade Controls

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/05...fcad-down.html

A day late and a dollar short, the genie is already out of the bottle.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Mirrored at http://lts.cr/sd/gyOc Liberator.zip from https://d3uje3hjwnpzxk.cloudfront.net

Another mirror https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8443..._Printable_Gun
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-09-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    How true.....just like they can't uninvent the gun they can't uninvent this .
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I had no use for it, couldn't see ever using it, don't even like it......

BUT I DOWNLOADED IT ALREADY!!!!!! And have it saved on multiple external devices; 'cause you just never know.....

Well I have all the files from the site, interesting to see how this goes. He followed the letter of the law even if by razors edge.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned

3D printable gun shut down by government. By Dept.of State, Office of Defense T

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I had no use for it, couldn't see ever using it, don't even like it......

BUT I DOWNLOADED IT ALREADY!!!!!! And have it saved on multiple external devices; 'cause you just never know.....
    Downloaded. If the gov doesn't want me to have it, I'm gonna have it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

If it the gov't shuts it down, his goal will have already been accomplished. It's already out there, forever.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

i had the old version but since the updated lower specs that work over 600rds im getting the torrent of megapack v4.2

the reenforced lower is a treasure!

PHUK YOU .GOV!!!
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 05-10-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    EFF YOU .GOV!!!
    EFF stands, of course, for Electronic Frontier Foundation at EFF.org. Wouldn't want an OCDO'er deemed domestic-terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    EFF stands, of course, for Electronic Frontier Foundation at EFF.org. Wouldn't want an OCDO'er deemed domestic-terrorist.
    phixt! LOL
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Makes me want...

...to go out and buy a 3D Printer!
    Oh well, I can play around with it in "virtual space" for now and customize it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomLiberator.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	10408

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    none of these seem to have the file

Working link... for now...

Last edited by BionicRooster; 05-14-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicRooster View Post
    mediafire worked ... thanks
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-14-2013 at 01:20 AM.

And they say we don't have a tyrannical government. Those "requests" made by the feds sure sound an awful lot like something you might hear in a Germanic country back in the 40's.

Good thing I've already downloaded all the files, had all my friends down load them, stored them in numerous places on tiny thumb drives, etc. Yup, the genie is out of the bottle.

I think DD should tell the feds that he respectfully denies their requests and at such time that they figure out they have some actual authority he'll reconsider.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Till this day, I don't understand how the government is allowed to have any power over the "world Wide Web" ... that $hit F**ckin amazes me. Anything and everything on the internet should be open source... it is an ultimate form of freedom of speech. IMO.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Till this day, I don't understand how the government is allowed to have any power over the "world Wide Web" ... that $hit F**ckin amazes me. Anything and everything on the internet should be open source... it is an ultimate form of freedom of speech. IMO.
    Well they were only "requesting" all that stuff. Ya know.....if you have nothing to hide why not talk to us.......oooops.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I really do not see the fuss, I can build a slide fire shotgun out of PVC pipe, it will just be considerably thick because it would consist of layers of PVC. Which the liberator is a large gun for a 380, certainly not very concealable. The the true advancement that DD did was the printed magazine and AR lower, these in fact do have a impact on gun bans. Those cannot be easily made out of hardware store material. IMO the anti gun people and the feds made asses of themselves, by making a non issue a supposed issue.

The lack of common sense these days is amazing.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I really do not see the fuss, I can build a slide fire shotgun out of PVC pipe, it will just be considerably thick because it would consist of layers of PVC. Which the liberator is a large gun for a 380, certainly not very concealable. The the true advancement that DD did was the printed magazine and AR lower, these in fact do have a impact on gun bans. Those cannot be easily made out of hardware store material. IMO the anti gun people and the feds made asses of themselves, by making a non issue a supposed issue.The lack of common sense these days is amazing.
    Never would have guessed that would happen did you?

The govt thinks they can control everything and this is just one more attempt to keep the people in line.

It will be as effective as making music downloads illegal has proven to be.
    Last edited by ron73440; 05-14-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Downloading music that you have not paid the creator of that music, prior to downloading, is illegal. You have deprived the author the fruits of his labors. Just cuz he don't know you did it does not make it legal.

Article I, Section Eight: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Downloading music that you have not paid the creator of that music, prior to downloading, is illegal. You have deprived the author the fruits of his labors. Just cuz he don't know you did it does not make it legal.
    You are correct, but then wouldn't downloading the plans for a magazine or firearm lower be depriving the designer of royalties?

Also recording free broadcast media is legal, IOW the creator or their agent has made that music freely available, and it is legal to record. Downloading is not much different, it has the same end result, and in the old days before broadband recording was much faster.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    That wasn't my point, do you think making it illegal has stopped people from doing it?

Making the plans for this gun illegal or whatever their endgame is, will be about that effective.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

You are correct, but then wouldn't downloading the plans for a magazine or firearm lower be depriving the designer of royalties?

Also recording free broadcast media is legal, IOW the creator or their agent has made that music freely available, and it is legal to record. Downloading is not much different, it has the same end result, and in the old days before broadband recording was much faster.
    All depends on what the author has done regarding his control of his property. Music, specifically, is not free to download unless the author stipulates that it is free to down load. Typically a EULA will contain what remuneration the author desires or no remuneration at all if the author so chooses.

Broadcasted music, radio I infer, is not free, per se, it is free for personal use only and can not be "rebroadcast" for the benefit of others.

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    That wasn't my point, do you think making it illegal has stopped people from doing it?

Making the plans for this gun illegal or whatever their endgame is, will be about that effective.
    There is a difference between downloading music without paying where a end user is required to pay and downloading "the file" that has been, apparently, made available for downloading without paying. There is no violation of the copy right laws where the author makes no proprietary rights claim for his work.

What the author and his "company" are faced with is a violation of export laws. If the files could be put on the Interwebs AND could only be downloaded/accessed in the USA then the author would be home free. But, the Interwebs, obviously, permits non-US citizens to have uncontrolled access to technology that the feds have deemed defense related and thus subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations. If the author had provided a file to 3D print lawnmower blades he would have been home free as well.

Simply put, Uncle Sam has claimed the "rights" to the distribution of the authors work because of what the author created.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast