• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hb 436

HighValueWarrior

My reading of the law is only in those areas that already have local ordinances prohibiting such.

What this bill has done is 'effectively' preempt those local oc restrictions - provided that you have a recognized ccw ready to present upon demand.

I am sure one of the more knowledgeable members will have more to add.

Morpheus97

HVW is correct. Local municipalities can still allow OC without permit if they choose to do so. This legislation simply preempts local prohibitions for people with CCW permits.

A good side effect of this legislation is that LEOs should now be aware that OC is legal state wide. It was not uncommon for LEOs to believe it was prohibited in the past, even where it was perfectly legal.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
He is from Cape, note that it is restricted there and that is where the court test of 21.750 aka Joyce upheld the authority to ban.