• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy from Camas

Tackleberry1

Hello All,

New to the forum and new to O.C.

Been a daily CCW guy for 17 years now but O.C.'d for the first time ever a few weeks back at Vancouver's 2nd, "Packing Heat Meet & Greet", at Coffee Villa.

Was quite surprised to see and meet Sheriff Mack and enjoyed some good conversations.

Anyway, glad to be here and expect to learn more about O.C. in our beautiful state of Washington.

Tack

Tackleberry1

Welcome Aboard!
- Glad you started to OC, it really is more comfortable overall.

It certainly allows one to carry "more" gun comfortably.

I've typically only OC'd while hunting in the past until the rally I attended a few weeks back. I'll admit my comfort zone is expanding... Slowly.

Not ready to go OC ing down Mill Plain Blvd... yet.

Are there any member her from the Vancouver area who have? And are familiar with VPD and Clark County LEO responses?

Tack

Last edited:

Batousaii

LoL - Yes, it was in regard to physical comfort. As for the "Comfort Zone", well, it comes with time, experience, and the personal fortitudes of each individual. It was admittedly awkward the first little while, however, I got over it and currently OC when ever i feel like it. I been all over Kitsap, Port Orchard, Tacoma, Seattle, etc. through many various stores and establishments with complete autonomy and comfort. I don't usually OC as a political statement, though I do sometimes OC as a fashion statement, or more accurately, I will often wear an arm that I feel suits my attire or my demeanor of the day. I usually OC/CC (or something in between) based on WA weather, what activity I am doing, where I am going, my mood etc. My basic philosophy is "I am an armed citizen" - period - and my manner of carry is whatever I need or want it to be for a given day, hour or moment. I have been OC since 2009 when I discovered OC was legal in WA. Very little negative encounters, nothing that couldn't be dismissed by the end of the encounter. I have received way more handshakes and interested comments from other citizens who wanted to know more, and my LEO encounters have all been fairly simple "non events". The last few years have given me a sense of freedom and liberty regarding my Second Amendment rights that I had never known before, and I offer my gratitude to the fine people of this site that educated me along the way. The right to carry my firearm as i choose to, being as comfortable and fashionable as i please is a great feeling ~ Liberty at it's best.

Peanut170

Hello Tackleberry1, im fairly new here also. I live in Salmon Creek, and unfortunatley wasnt able to attend either of the open carry meet and greats at Cafe villa, since my son was wrestling in Tacoma on both those Saturdays. Ive only been OC for about 4-5 months and at first i was really timid. Just felt like i was gonna cause a confrontation everywhere i went, and i deffinetley didnt want that. But by reading this forum, learning more of my rights, and slowly open carrying more and more, i feel much better about it and do it quite often. When im alone i might CC at certain places, but when i have my children, i almost always OC. I figure its good for certain people to see a father who loves his children to also see that my 'evil' gun isnt terrorizing these wonderful children. And my children act no different or pay no attention to that im even carrying it. And since that has been the case, where people have seen no harm being done and just a caring father, no one has ever called police nor have anyone bothered me with a closed minded argument. So i cant comment on how the police will react, but so far seems that most people understand. But glad to see others from the area on here. Thought about posting a Vancouver area open carry report, but wasnt sure how much action it would get. But if theres another meet and greet i hopefully can make it. Or if you wana get out someday and have a coffee somewhere just to feel more comfortable id be open to that. I still get timid at times, so having like minded people around is a good thing. Either way, glad you found this useful forum.