Thread: Open Carry - Independence Day Cookout - Louisville, KY

Open Carry - Independence Day Cookout - Louisville, KY

On July 4th, 2013 from 10:00am to 2:00pm [ subject to change ] we will assemble lawfully and peacefully at [ a park somewhere in Louisville. Still looking at different venues ] open carrying. Bring a grill, cook out. Meet other like minded individuals. Show that we will stand for our freedom. It is the least we could do, knowing so many other people have died to protect it.

You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter.

Invite your friends! Spread the word!

Location and time subject to change. But day will remain the same.

-----------

Here is a link to it - https://www.facebook.com/events/117754305094105/

It is a Facebook event. Click "Going" if you plan to attend. Will update the event page as details change.

For those of us who don't do Facebook, please post regular updates to this thread. As for a park I suggest Iroquois as it's probably the most centrally located and easily accessible from I-264.

Also you may want to take note when liberty4ever tried to organize something like this in Lexington, the city tried to shut them down by requiring them to purchase insurance because it was a "publicly advertised" event. Of course they knew who he was because he's been an active OC advocate in Lex. and a thorn in their side for years so they knew how to contact him to deliver their message. The OC community is not that active in Louisville...yet. hopefully this will fly under their radar.
    Last edited by Cottonbaler; 05-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Lexington's red, white, and boom thingy is funner than crowding around in L-Ville, plus last time I was at Lex's 4th of july stuff they had the Country music band 'Alabama' playing, that or it was recordings, I was too busy enjoying a craft beer stand and the cute guy behind the stand, heard 'Dixieland delight' at the right time~

Never had a problem OC'ign in Lex, L-Ville, I don't go there anymore, ever since the two times I've been there in the last six months had me getting lost on the WRONG side of town, wishing I was OC'ing a M249 instead of a pistol. LOL.

On the bright side, I ended up finding a hooka bar that served an awesome Stuffed lobster ala vodka!
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

The insurance wouldn't be terrible. The Louisville Metro Parks said we would need $1 Million in coverage. For $2 Million coverage for the entire day for ~75-100 people would be $230. But that was one site. I am sure there are other reasonable quotes. Looking into seeing if any of the local gun shops, stores would be interested in being sponsors. I've never done anything like this. I am curious to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonit3 View Post
    The insurance wouldn't be terrible. The Louisville Metro Parks said we would need $1 Million in coverage. For $2 Million coverage for the entire day for ~75-100 people would be $230. But that was one site. I am sure there are other reasonable quotes. Looking into seeing if any of the local gun shops, stores would be interested in being sponsors. I've never done anything like this. I am curious to see how it turns out.
    Does a sponsor HAVE to be a gun shop, store, or other 'business'? Cuz I'd give you the 230$ for it if you put up a banner that said "Sponsored by the Ocelot Foundation for a Better Mew" and a picture of it for my own personal lulz.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Does a sponsor HAVE to be a gun shop, store, or other 'business'? Cuz I'd give you the 230$ for it if you put up a banner that said "Sponsored by the Ocelot Foundation for a Better Mew" and a picture of it for my own personal lulz.
    You are a bit.... queer, has anyone ever told you that before?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

July 4th

I would be interested in meeting up, I work for a company that sells grills, and will explore the option of setting up a demo to promote the Holland grill and big green egg. While cooking everyone some awesome food in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    You are a bit.... queer, has anyone ever told you that before?
    Once or twice, but under steamier circumstances.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Once or twice, but under steamier circumstances.
    I couldn't help my self, you know, with your "condition" and all (liking Hi-points).
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I couldn't help my self, you know, with your "condition" and all (liking Hi-points).
    What can I say? I like large, heavy, repeating 'guns' that never seem to break, despite being all over the place when it fires. (I can do this all day~)
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

I would attend