Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your SHTF gear here!

Post your SHTF gear here!

So what set-up do you guys have? Here's mine:

CARRIED ON SELF AT ALL TIMES:

Open carry in bulldog holster glock 19 9mm with 30 total best possible LE quality hollowpoint rounds. (15 in first clip, 15 in second back-up clip).
    Attachment 10387

plus

Concealed carry Pepper Spray including extra ingredient of military grade tear gas always on my key chain. My friend's ex-girlfriend accidentally sprayed herself in the face with this stuff. Worst hour of her life.
    Attachment 10388

plus

Concealed Carry LEXAN Knuckle Dusters. These are made of hard-plastic lexan. They aren't metal because that would be illegal, but they HIT like they are made of metal.
    Attachment 10389

3A rated ballistic tactical/concealable easy-on easy-off body armor under whatever I am wearing. Will stop all handgun rounds and a few low caliber rifle rounds. Wear this everywhere I go.
    Attachment 10390

Whole system cost me about $800 including ammo. That's pretty darn good. Got the bullet proof vest on e-bay for $165+$15 shipping and handling. It was a bargain. That same seller is still selling them at that price I believe. Would recommend.

CARRIED IN TRUNK OF CAR AT ALL TIMES:

Loaded 30-06 semi-auto Rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition
    Attachment 10393

Plus

Loaded .22 semi-auto rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition
    Attachment 10391

Plus

Fully stocked EMT-B backpack kit to go with my EMT-B training, including specialty blood-clotting combat-gauze for gunshots:
    Attachment 10392

Plus

Various tools, foodstuffs for 3 days, water for 3 days, loaded 33 round clip for glock 19, and two smoke producing fireworks plus a handful of road-flares for signaling a chopper or something.
    Attachment 10394 Attachment 10395Attachment 10396

Also considering investing in urban camouflage overcoat, ballistic mask, ballistic helmet, and possibly ballistic chaps and groin protection. Also going to buy level 4 ballistic panels (will defeat even 30-06 rounds) for a vest. When I do, I'll keep them in the trunk of my car along with what's already in the trunk.

HOME GEAR:

<Will update soon>

So how about everyone else? What kind of prep set ups do you have?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-11-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Fixed title

Welcome to OCDO.

Suggest you Google Gecko45.

You are short some duct tape, a tactical wheelbarrow, some Cheetos, and your concealed carry badge.

And for the love of all that is sweet and dear, start taking your meds again.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Have moved this from Hot Topics, which it is decidedly not, and edited/modified the title with a deletion.

Suggest strongly that you review the Forum Rules, understand the intent/premise of OCDO, and conduct yourself accordingly.

I consider how much or how little gear I may have, nobody's business but my own. I am neither LE, military, nor a wannabe. My involvement here on OCDO is because I wish to normalize carry of a properly holstered handgun as I/we go through our normal everyday life. That is the reason for this site - do not stray too far from that.

This thread will be monitored in accordance with the above.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-11-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

GECKO-45, Izzat you, mall-ninja?

GECKO-45, Izzat you, mall-ninja? Here he comes, clank rattle clank, running from the food court.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I'm not totally sure about UT laws, but you might want to double check them. For example it is ILLEGAL to have a loaded long gun in your vehicle in WA state..
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Have moved this from Hot Topics, which it is decidedly not, and edited/modified the title with a deletion.

Suggest strongly that you review the Forum Rules, understand the intent/premise of OCDO, and conduct yourself accordingly.

I consider how much or how little gear I may have, nobody's business but my own. I am neither LE, military, nor a wannabe. My involvement here on OCDO is because I wish to normalize carry of a properly holstered handgun as I/we go through our normal everyday life. That is the reason for this site - do not stray too far from that.

This thread will be monitored in accordance with the above.
    Sorry about that. I'm new here.

Glocks have clips now? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
    Glocks have clips now? Awesome!
    They have ALWAYS had clips.

It makes reloading in an intense situation easier. Instead of loading the cartridges individually you just use a standard stripper clip to refill the magazine from the top.

Wait, no.... I was thinking about the M1 Grarand. Almost the same?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Post your SHTF gear here!

all i have is a swiss army knife for my bugout gear. the tweezers can take down a grizzly bear from 100 yds!

Last edited by PFC HALE; 05-11-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Hey! Can't leave you all alone for a minute. You take a serious post and ridicule it making it something out of the Social Lounge.

Gonna have to think on this.......after I finish spam hunting. They're in season you know.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by KurtTheMormon View Post

Various tools, foodstuffs for 3 days, water for 3 days, loaded 33 round clip for glock 19, and two smoke producing fireworks plus a handful of road-flares for signaling a chopper or something.
    Attachment 10394 Attachment 10395Attachment 10396

What exactly do you do for a living..?
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

How would you respond to this if you saw it in the middle of your street?

Gotta move this to the Social Lounge, just gotta.

My gear is none of your business.

You're better off working together with your neighbors for a base system of exchange rather than posting all of your toys in a forum such as this.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 05-12-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

No way! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtTheMormon
    So what set-up do you guys have?
    Sexist.

What kind of prep set ups do you have?
    I didn't know there were kinds.
    Is there a "new to this & don't know what I'm doing" kind, and an "extremely obsessed bordering on psychotic" kind, and...?
    I just have a little food, a little ammo... Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    after I finish spam hunting. They're in season you know.
    Are they kinda like snipes, or are they closer to clay pigeons?
    Hunting with a pistol, or is a shotgun more effective?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

LOL I would say oh god please don't be making predator # (?) in my neighborhood.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtTheMormon View Post
    So what set-up do you guys have? Here's mine:

CARRIED ON SELF AT ALL TIMES:

Open carry in bulldog holster glock 19 9mm with 30 total best possible LE quality hollowpoint rounds. (15 in first clip, 15 in second back-up clip).

plus

Concealed carry Pepper Spray including extra ingredient of military grade tear gas always on my key chain. My friend's ex-girlfriend accidentally sprayed herself in the face with this stuff. Worst hour of her life.

plus

Concealed Carry LEXAN Knuckle Dusters. These are made of hard-plastic lexan. They aren't metal because that would be illegal, but they HIT like they are made of metal.

3A rated ballistic tactical/concealable easy-on easy-off body armor under whatever I am wearing. Will stop all handgun rounds and a few low caliber rifle rounds. Wear this everywhere I go.

Whole system cost me about $800 including ammo. That's pretty darn good. Got the bullet proof vest on e-bay for $165+$15 shipping and handling. It was a bargain. That same seller is still selling them at that price I believe. Would recommend.

CARRIED IN TRUNK OF CAR AT ALL TIMES:

Loaded 30-06 semi-auto Rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition

Plus

Loaded .22 semi-auto rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition

Plus

Fully stocked EMT-B backpack kit to go with my EMT-B training, including specialty blood-clotting combat-gauze for gunshots:

Plus

Also considering investing in urban camouflage overcoat, ballistic mask, ballistic helmet, and possibly ballistic chaps and groin protection. Also going to buy level 4 ballistic panels (will defeat even 30-06 rounds) for a vest. When I do, I'll keep them in the trunk of my car along with what's already in the trunk.

HOME GEAR:

<Will update soon>

So how about everyone else? What kind of prep set ups do you have?
    When the SHTF the smartest thing you can do is stay home. You know the area and the environment and you have every thing you need if you are prepared. I see so many people who plan to bug out in such situations that they might as well form a train. I know my neighbors and I know the neighborhood. When we had the big Ice storm here we all banded together to help each other out. That is what you are looking for.

That being said if you have to bug out as some put it. Get a 3 day pack. Only pack the essentials you will need to survive. Remember ounces = pounds and pounds = pain. Prepare to lose anything else you pack into a vehicle as you may have to abandon it. Once you have it. Take just it out for a camping trip for the weekend and see if you can survive with what you have for 3 days. So many people pack a 3 day back and never test it.

Next. All those weapons. Pick a main rifle and a side arm. Plus a knife and a saw or hatchet. Rambo you are not.

Next. Take all those survival shows with a grain of salt. Just because such and such happen to them odds are your situation is going to be completely different. And those doomsday shows? Well I enjoy watching them but remember no matter how well you prep you can not prep for every thing unless your extremely rich. Also remember some of those people are trying to sell you something. Buyer beware.

I live in an earthquake prone area. I plan on staying home unless my home is deemed unsafe after a quake. Other than that I have a 3 day pack. And plan on taking a short drive out of the area to my brothers.

I don't see armageddon or the walking dead coming any time soon. Well I take that back. The new season of walking dead is coming this fall and I am prepared.

I am not going to run around all paranoid that things like this are going to happen. Neither should you. But it is your choice. Fear is a thought. It is not a physical thing. You can control it. Get out and enjoy life. What happens will happen and there is probably a 99% chance you will not have any control over it or be prepared for it no matter how much you do prep.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    The OP's "attachment" links don't work.
    Interestingly enough, I saw them all only when I clicked the "quote" button.
    Once more into the fray.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Hahahaha. Which rifle would he get out of the truck to shoot it with?
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

My SHTF gear.... One (1) Bryco .25 automatic

Six (6) .25 caliber hollopoints

Plan..... Sneak up on mall ninja and knock him out with my less then lethal weapon (the Bryco .25)

Then take all his stuff .

Total cost. 60 bucks
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    My SHTF gear.... One (1) Bryco .25 automatic

Six (6) .25 caliber hollopoints

Plan..... Sneak up on mall ninja and knock him out with my less then lethal weapon (the Bryco .25)

Then take all his stuff .

Total cost. 60 bucks
    You're way over prepared. Two hands, one mall ninja, you've got WAY more than you need. If there are two of you, just find another ninja.

First thing I'm doing is locking (amost) all my guns in the big heavy safe.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Being prepared to stop bleeding or ward off hunger or thirst for a while is not any crazier than having a spare tire or carrying a weapon. All of these help to deal with a possible problem. If you have any sort of accident and no one's around, cell phone doesn't work, those supplies will look good!

With this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terminator.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	10438

Have one in the basement.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    With this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terminator.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	10438

Have one in the basement.
    Unless you are in the basement too that would be like having a gun at home while you are out.

OTOH - wonder if speed dial would work.......

Unless you are in the basement too that would be like having a gun at home while you are out.

OTOH - wonder if speed dial would work.......
    You do know that these things are purported to be able to walk up, and even down, stairs. Ikeep "him" in the basement cuz I got HOA nazis always on the watch for "unauthorized" lawn decorations.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast