Thread: Carrying in GameStop

Carrying in GameStop

I live in Lexington and for years haven't had and trouble, until last night. One of the assistant managers said no one could bring guns in, at all, not even on duty cops. She read the policy in the procedure manual and it said no guns, but at the ens it said, "or while conducting company business". Doesn't that seem like its directed at employees? Have you had any experience with this?

I've carried in Gamestop in Goldsboro a couple times and not a word was said. My sister in law is a manager at one in Ohio, I'll have to ask her what the corporate policy says.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Not sure if this helps or not, but here in Jacksonville I have carried in Gamestop numerous times. Even stood in line for the release of COD while OCing. The manager didn't bat an eye at it. Though it might help that I've been in there way too many times and have spent way too much money there.

Re: Carrying in GameStop

Quote Originally Posted by Zannex View Post
    Not sure if this helps or not, but here in Jacksonville I have carried in Gamestop numerous times. Even stood in line for the release of COD while OCing. The manager didn't bat an eye at it. Though it might help that I've been in there way too many times and have spent way too much money there.
    Same. I've also waited in line for midnight releases while OCing before, back when i had time for things like that. Not many people even noticed it, and one employee just commented that it was sweet to see someone carry as he gave me the game.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Ive been to three different GS' in Raleigh and no one has said anything.

I would have tossed her a line like, "Do you know somewhere else that's local that I can purchase 4 PS3s from? I need them for a party Im throwing.."

That sounds like a Employee rule.
    executive offices are located at 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051. telephone number is (817) 424-2000.

Matt Hodges
    VP of Public and Investor Relations
    GameStop Corp.
    Phone: 817-424-2000
    E-mail: investorrelations@gamestop.com

called corporate, they said i someone was shot so they changed policy. Guns aren't allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by chris829 View Post
    called corporate, they said i someone was shot so they changed policy. Guns aren't allowed...
    Kinda stupid to change the policy over one incident, I had went to Gamestop in Smithfield without problems and will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    Ive been to three different GS' in Raleigh and no one has said anything.

I would have tossed her a line like, "Do you know somewhere else that's local that I can purchase 4 PS3s from? I need them for a party Im throwing.."
    the only thing that will stop me from OCing into a business is signs... If I know a company has a no firearm policy I still go into a local branch unless there is a sign, Most people don't have a problem with OCing, and they know will be in and out. (this doesn't apply to the obvious places that you can't legally OC)
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

OC in Gamestop in New Bern with no problems

OC in GS Wake Forest, Raleigh, Louisburg and Henderson all the time haven't had any problems i would go to the next nearest one and maybe everyone should call and send a letter to corporate.

It is nc state law that if a buisness does not allow firearms in their place of buisness then they must have a sign posted that says no firearms

no sign?

As far as NC State laws is concerned, it is a Law of Matter......if you don't post a sign, it don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Boger11b View Post
    It is nc state law that if a buisness does not allow firearms in their place of buisness then they must have a sign posted that says no firearms
    Please cite this law?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Boger11b
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Please cite this law?
    Really - they must have snuck that one through when no one was looking
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.