• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to remove holster from Federal Building...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Long ago, back when we were still fighting for open carry in Oklahoma, I started wearing an empty holster everywhere I went. Once on the the OHP Troopers working the security checkpoints at the State capitol asked me what the holster was for. I told him it was "lawfully protected political speech" and I never EVER had another issue. I've also used this before with police officers who have asked about why I was carrying an empty holster, and it had immediately ended the contact.

That guy you spoke to must have told everyone in the state ! Amazing....

keep the faith

eye95

It will do nothing. Go back and do the same thing except DON'T remove it ... then he'll either arrest you or not. Either way its a win for you.

I understand-you had a hearing to attend...

Wow. That advice is really good. Amazingly good.

Blind squirrels and all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

Or go in w/o your holster, get your business done ... then go to your car, get it, and return with your holster ...

Or just pick a day when you have nothing better to do and carry your holster in in the first place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>