Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis Side O.C. Meeting?

St. Louis Side O.C. Meeting?

Well, after missing yesterday's K.C. side meeting and the awesomeness of HB 436, I'm getting all twitchy to get OCing again and meet ya'll.

So, ya'll wanna do something soon? Even if it's just a couple people, I'm definitely still game to meet.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

I haven't been able to make any OC meetings yet due to my work schedule... but I would be down for an STL meeting. If we can get a date and time nailed down I should be able to get off work!! Would be great to finally meet some OCers

I'm supposed to be off this sat and sun (8th & 19th) and would be up for a meet.

Otherwise, if it more than a couple weeks out I could make sure that I'm off for a set date.
    Last edited by Big Boy; 05-12-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Sunday, May 19, 2013.

1:00pm.

1267 N. Truman Blvd., Crystal City, Missouri

We've been welcomed before @ El Cinco De Mayo Restaurant in Crystal City and had 25 OCers last time, and hope to make it even bigger and better this time!

A number of us will go to this one. Many in the STL area meet from time to time at JJ's in St. Charles, watch for it. JJs is 100% Gun/OC friendly, we've met there many times.
    If your looking to "cut your teeth of OC, go there. It has a web page where you can get directions. Heck just go there many Sunday mornings and you are likely to see Pourch Dog there even if there s no meet-up. He'll be the one with the gun! I'd have another meet-up at JJs but tsince the one above was very well attended before, I'll go there. El Cino Mayo wants us back, we should go for it.

I went to a meet-up in Independence, MO. yesterday, the OCers there had never been to the place. Warm greetings and they wanted the OCers back. OC legal without a CCW is well known and widely accepted in Independence. No hassles is good. All around the State, soon it will be well known............. Aug. 28th can't come soon enough for me!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Awesome ill be there. I'll look it up and read the ordinances mysepf before Sunday, but is it non restricted OC in crystal city? No ccw necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Sunday, May 19, 2013.

1:00pm.

1267 N. Truman Blvd., Crystal City, Missouri

We've been welcomed before @ El Cinco De Mayo Restaurant in Crystal City and had 25 OCers last time, and hope to make it even bigger and better this time!

A number of us will go to this one. Many in the STL area meet from time to time at JJ's in St. Charles, watch for it. JJs is 100% Gun/OC friendly, we've met there many times.
    If your looking to "cut your teeth of OC, go there. It has a web page where you can get directions. Heck just go there many Sunday mornings and you are likely to see Pourch Dog there even if there s no meet-up. He'll be the one with the gun! I'd have another meet-up at JJs but tsince the one above was very well attended before, I'll go there. El Cino Mayo wants us back, we should go for it.

I went to a meet-up in Independence, MO. yesterday, the OCers there had never been to the place. Warm greetings and they wanted the OCers back. OC legal without a CCW is well known and widely accepted in Independence. No hassles is good. All around the State, soon it will be well known............. Aug. 28th can't come soon enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Awesome ill be there. I'll look it up and read the ordinances mysepf before Sunday, but is it non restricted OC in crystal city? No ccw necessary?
    So I'v ebeen told, since I have a CCW and they've done this before I'll go with it!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I'll be goin' on Sunday; Can't wait!!!

So I'v ebeen told, since I have a CCW and they've done this before I'll go with it!
    Slightly, OT, but since ya'll mentioned it... Do the new soon-to-be laws from HB 436 allow for an out-of-state CCW to be acceptable for the OC preemption?
    XD40 Service
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    I'll be goin' on Sunday; Can't wait!!!

Slightly, OT, but since ya'll mentioned it... Do the new soon-to-be laws from HB 436 allow for an out-of-state CCW to be acceptable for the OC preemption?
    No no no. None of that is law yet. And won't be till Aug 28th most likely.

However even if Crystal City required a ccw for OC (which it seems they don't) a out of state would work in MO.

However even if Crystal City required a ccw for OC (which it seems they don't) a out of state would work in MO.
    Correct soem what. Yes an OOS permit that is valid in MO is OK. For now MO. accepts all OOS permits.

But NO, this is NOT preemption. Under the new law (If we get it) you must have a valid CCW or CCL to OC ina municipality that prohibits OC.
    Save everyone a lot of questions and read the bill. HB436

I know it's not law yet, that's why I called it "soon-to-be."

Correct soem what. Yes an OOS permit that is valid in MO is OK. For now MO. accepts all OOS permits.

But NO, this is NOT preemption. Under the new law (If we get it) you must have a valid CCW or CCL to OC ina municipality that prohibits OC.
    Save everyone a lot of questions and read the bill. HB436
    I now MO has reciprocity for all states, I just didn't see anywhere that said ti applies to OC and not just CCW. I did read 436, but I'm not too good at deciphering "lawyer speak." Makes me feel... like... I know it's not gonna be total OC preemption; I guess partial-preemption would be more accurate.
    XD40 Service
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11

I now MO has reciprocity for all states, I just didn't see anywhere that said ti applies to OC and not just CCW. I did read 436, but I'm not too good at deciphering "lawyer speak." Makes me feel... like... I know it's not gonna be total OC preemption; I guess partial-preemption would be more accurate.
    States that DONT honor Missouri CCW permits,current 5/6/13-California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    States that DONT honor Missouri CCW permits,current 5/6/13-California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands.
    Sorry, that's a mistake on my part. (I suppose I outta stop posting when I'm half asleep and exhausted.) I didn't mean reciprocity, I meant that MO honors all other stats' permits. Sorry 'bout that ya'll.
    XD40 Service
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11

hmmm, a meet up in my neighborhood ehh? nice! i'll see what i can do about making a short lived appearance at El Cinco de Mayo. i work in Herculaneum at 2pm that day so i should be able to swing by for a minute or two.

BTW, i OC frequently in the Festus/Crystal City area and have never had any problems.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Read 2 A copied below very carefully.

) In any jurisdiction in which open carry of firearms is prohibited by ordinance, open carry of a firearm shall not be prohibited in accordance with the following:

(a) Any person with a valid concealed carry endorsement who is open carrying a firearm shall be required to have a valid concealed carry endorsement from this state or a permit from another state permit which is recognized by this state in his or her possession at all times;

(b) The open carrying of a firearm shall be limited to a firearm sixteen inches or less in overall length;

(c) Any person open carrying a firearm in such jurisdiction shall display his or her concealed carry endorsement upon demand of a law enforcement officer;

(d) In the absence of any reasonable and articulable suspicion of criminal activity, no person carrying a concealed or unconcealed handgun shall be disarmed or physically restrained by a law enforcement officer unless under arrest; and

(e) Any person who violates this subdivision shall be subject to the penalty provided in section 571.121.

FYI - about the effective date:
    They are incorrect – you are right – August 28th.

However they may have meant to say that if Nixon does not sign nor veto, it becomes law automatically after 45 days (should be July 1st), but still is not effective until August 28th.

If there is a veto, the veto override session will begin September 11th. If the vetoed bill is overridden, it would become effective immediately since that would be after the August 28th date.

Also, we worded the OC amendment very carefully. I know it could be better (premption would have taken care of it) but this was a back up bill in case preemption did not go the distance, and it didn't even come close. This bill was written to aviod the whole thing from going no where! I know it is restrictive but if this would not have been there to discourage the anti-OC crowd we would have gotten nothing, zilch, zip, nodda!

For those that wish to seek more, next year is a perfect time to do it. Preemption or constitutional carry may well be in site, some one else is going to have to do it. After the session ends and the smoke clears... fall would be a good time to seek out a legislator to spear head the effort. One of you folks (in a team approach) would have to start working on wording. Be very careful, do your home work and word it correctly, it is more difficult then it seems. Look at other State laws, don't just send in a first draft, get opinions fromothers and be careful NOT to post it here no matter what you propose. Work in the back ground until the bill is public, trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Read 2 A copied below very carefully.

) In any jurisdiction in which open carry of firearms is prohibited by ordinance, open carry of a firearm shall not be prohibited in accordance with the following:

(a) Any person with a valid concealed carry endorsement who is open carrying a firearm shall be required to have a valid concealed carry endorsement from this state or a permit from another state permit which is recognized by this state in his or her possession at all times;

(b) The open carrying of a firearm shall be limited to a firearm sixteen inches or less in overall length;

(c) Any person open carrying a firearm in such jurisdiction shall display his or her concealed carry endorsement upon demand of a law enforcement officer;

(d) In the absence of any reasonable and articulable suspicion of criminal activity, no person carrying a concealed or unconcealed handgun shall be disarmed or physically restrained by a law enforcement officer unless under arrest; and

(e) Any person who violates this subdivision shall be subject to the penalty provided in section 571.121.

I would be interested in making the journey to east side for the meet. I would be also willing to transport another west sider or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pmccurjr View Post
    I would be interested in making the journey to east side for the meet. I would be also willing to transport another west sider or two.
    Except for the OC gathering in Crystal City, I'm booked up till mid June. Rallies and what not make up my weekends till then.

i might actually be able to make it to this, I live in the area not sure what time I have to work that day, I'm thinking its an evening schedule for me!

Awesome! Looks like I'll be able to make it!

Hello

I just moved to Festus last year and have been lurking for a while, I would like to attend but i do not own a Pistol. Do you guys guys mind if I come out anyway? I don't think I can/want to OC my AR-10 LOL :P

Also I have about 100 Yards on my property to target practice after if anyone wants to drop by and do that. (I'm literally 5-7 minutes from the meet spot, about 6-7 miles.

Also I have been told many times that OC was not okay in CC and was fine in Festus, did that change and people just don't know?

A little about me

did 6 years Air Force, was a comm troop (3C-2) now work as gov contractor.
    always around shot guns and rifles since I can remember,
    NRA member
    4 dogs
    Worlds Worst speller awarded for past 25 years LOL
    Do Photography on the side as a hobby
    Also like drag racing but my car has been OOC for 4+ years
    Last edited by Turbo v6 camaro; 05-16-2013 at 03:32 PM.

It is not necessary to own a firearm or carry one to go to a meet-up.

Come on out...........

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo v6 camaro View Post
    Hello

I just moved to Festus last year and have been lurking for a while, I would like to attend but i do not own a Pistol. Do you guys guys mind if I come out anyway? I don't think I can/want to OC my AR-10 LOL :P

Also I have about 100 Yards on my property to target practice after if anyone wants to drop by and do that. (I'm literally 5-7 minutes from the meet spot, about 6-7 miles.

Also I have been told many times that OC was not okay in CC and was fine in Festus, did that change and people just don't know?

A little about me

did 6 years Air Force, was a comm troop (3C-2) now work as gov contractor.
    always around shot guns and rifles since I can remember,
    NRA member
    4 dogs
    Worlds Worst speller awarded for past 25 years LOL
    Do Photography on the side as a hobby
    Also like drag racing but my car has been OOC for 4+ years

Come on out...........
    will do anyone mine if i bring my camera? (well actually it public space........ unlesss the own says no lol)

Come on out...........
    Definitely, be sure to come.

ok well now isn't this interesting?

Crystal City, MO
    http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10306

Sec. 17-94. - Firearms and other weapons; carrying, exhibiting, selling to minors, exceptions.
    (a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person(s) to carry concealed on or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description; nor shall any person or persons enter into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any schoolroom or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having on or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knuks, billy, sword, cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapon.

Festus, MO
    http://z2codes.sullivanpublications....wset=festusset

SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

snip.....

10. Openly carries or discharges a firearm or openly carries any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits; *or

Festus must have changed theirs recently but i'll be damned if the Crystal City code i have printed from '09 doesn't say the same thing i just pasted in.

but i have OC'd on both towns (it's very hard to define a border) with no issues, even at Wal Mart where the city line supposedly runs thru the middle of the store.

i guess i have been breaking the law for some time now.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Accomplished Advocate
    It has been against the law in Festus for quite some time.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast