• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Simiiar to State vs Casad.

Amicus

I wish this was in our circuit.

Wish is about the best we could do. The 9th is too schizophrenic to assume they would follow the same reasoning the 4th did with this case. Even if the 9th were to follow suit the SCOTUS hasn't been receptive to the various circuits establishing bright lines of state officials overstepping their authority. If anything, the SCOTUS has allowed a continued errosion of constitutional rights. Although, not on all fours with Black,a quick read of Green v. Camreta is a prime example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.