• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti defense meeting in raleigh

papa bear

There is an anti self defense meeting, posing as a town meeting, going on in Raleigh. i hope as many of you as possible will attend. if anyone has "gun saves lives" stickers that would be good. hope to see you there

http://www.quailridgebooks.com/event/town-meeting-gun-violence

Start: 05/28/2013 7:30 pm

Our Town Meetings are always active affairs. Join us for our session on "Gun Violence in America: What Can or Should Be Done in Media, Politics and Mental Health" on Tuesday, May 28, at 7:30 p.m. In the aftermath of Sandy Hook there has been a great deal of speculation as to what is contributing to the upswing in mass shootings and violence in the public arena. Three areas have been targeted specifically: the lack of affordable mental health care, violence in the media, and gun legislation. Our panel includes: WRAL anchor and reporter David Crabtree, psychiatrist, humanist and philanthropist Dr. Assad Meymandi, Congressman David Price, representing North Carolina's 4th District. As always, we thank our co-moderators, Clay Stalnaker and Mamie Potter.​
3522 Wade AveRaleigh, North Carolina27607-4048United States

chiefjason

Except the data says there is no upswing. Must be the "if it bleeds it leads" mentality leading to unintended consequences. Who woulda thunk it?

"National rates of gun homicide and other violent gun crimes are strikingly lower now than during their peak in the mid-1990s, paralleling a general decline in violent crime, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of government data."

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/05/07/gun-homicide-rate-down-49-since-1993-peak-public-unaware/

Maybe they could re name it "Media coverage and sensationalism in media-Why are they trying to convince us things are so bad?"

lannie

There is an anti self defense meeting, posing as a town meeting, going on in Raleigh. i hope as many of you as possible will attend. if anyone has "gun saves lives" stickers that would be good. hope to see you there

http://www.quailridgebooks.com/event/town-meeting-gun-violence

Start: 05/28/2013 7:30 pm

Our Town Meetings are always active affairs. Join us for our session on "Gun Violence in America: What Can or Should Be Done in Media, Politics and Mental Health" on Tuesday, May 28, at 7:30 p.m. In the aftermath of Sandy Hook there has been a great deal of speculation as to what is contributing to the upswing in mass shootings and violence in the public arena. Three areas have been targeted specifically: the lack of affordable mental health care, violence in the media, and gun legislation. Our panel includes: WRAL anchor and reporter David Crabtree, psychiatrist, humanist and philanthropist Dr. Assad Meymandi, Congressman David Price, representing North Carolina's 4th District. As always, we thank our co-moderators, Clay Stalnaker and Mamie Potter.​
3522 Wade AveRaleigh, North Carolina27607-4048United States

Papa Bear, I will be there along with Sean and others.
Lannie

papa bear

i am thinking about it. but it is a long way and gas is expensive. i will have to weigh my options

JASON, i might have to, sorta, diagree. if it was a "bleed it leads" thing then the woman that shot two intruders, while she protected her 3 children, would be the lead story. not some BG shooting somebody. ther is definitely an agenda in the media

of course what they do is count the woman's self defense as a gun homicide and portray it as a bad thing

lannie

Guns saves lives sticker

Chris I have a place in Clayton that can print a sticker (round 1 1/2 in) in orange. they want $85.00/1000. Does that sound reasonable?
Lannie Godwin

papa bear

Chris I have a place in Clayton that can print a sticker (round 1 1/2 in) in orange. they want $85.00/1000. Does that sound reasonable?
Lannie Godwin

i don't know let me contact some of my friends with the VCDL and find out how much they pay.

dashowdy

anyone trying to open carry and go tommorrow, I am going to try and convince my wife to go and oc as well.

lannie

anyone trying to open carry and go tommorrow, I am going to try and convince my wife to go and oc as well.

I was at the meeting in Quail Ridge bookstore. I OC and gave out my GUNS SAVES LIVES stickers.
The meeting was not about gun control,mostly about mental health and the medias reaction to news stories involving Guns.
I thought Price was his usual self ( *******). We had about 200+ people, about a 3rd pro gun.
Lannie

papa bear

Thanks for going LANNIE, i have been having vehicle trouble and couldn't make it.

if you like, could you post some of your experiences?

mental health is one of the weapons that the eleutherophobes are using to take our firearms away