• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mt. Airy, VA/NC meet n' greet 6/1/13

papa bear

Hey gang. I have been wanting to do a Meet & Greet in Mt. Airy/Mayberry. the problem is timing.
Would it be too soon for Sat. June the 1st. I would like to meet at Snappy Lunch at 11:30. if we wait too long the buses will beat us. we can eat inside or out. we could even have rides in the Mayberry's patrol car. let me know something

Last edited by a moderator:

papa bear

Sorry guys going to have to change to June the 1st. there is a farmers festival this weekend i didn't know about. you probably couldn't find a place to park. but if you want you can come to the festival

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not only will I be attending, but I will be able to say that I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before. :lol:

I'm looking forward to figuring out the pork chop sandwich toppings.

stay safe.

papa bear

SKIDMARK, you have your chose of chili, slaw, onions, tomato, mustard, ketchup. i usually get all the way.

it is a big and sloppy sandwich, that a lot of people can't eat it all. they had a contest once and the winner only ate four

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Well, that went well - not.

Confused the time and thought I had been stood up. And after getting a parking spot right in front of the place.

There were more different types of tourists wandering about than I have seen anywhere else. If the guy driving Sherrif Taylor's car had gone by one more time with the siren going I think I would have either yanked it out or stuck his head in as a mute. I'm going to see if I can get a job standing in front of Floyd's barber shop telling people that Floyd was just a make-believe character and no, they cannot get a haircut from him. At a nickle for every person I heard ask where Floyd was, when he was coming back, and where the line started to get a haircut I could have covered the cost of breakfast this morning. The Bible-thumper on the corner made a great contrast to the forced hokum.

Anyhow - there's always a chance for a next time.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well, that went well - not.

Confused the time and thought I had been stood up. And after getting a parking spot right in front of the place.

There were more different types of tourists wandering about than I have seen anywhere else. If the guy driving Sherrif Taylor's car had gone by one more time with the siren going I think I would have either yanked it out or stuck his head in as a mute. I'm going to see if I can get a job standing in front of Floyd's barber shop telling people that Floyd was just a make-believe character and no, they cannot get a haircut from him. At a nickle for every person I heard ask where Floyd was, when he was coming back, and where the line started to get a haircut I could have covered the cost of breakfast this morning. The Bible-thumper on the corner made a great contrast to the forced hokum.

Anyhow - there's always a chance for a next time.

stay safe.

Did you get to see Goober do his Cary Grant impression?

papa bear

sorry about the confusion SKIDMARK. i should have been there sooner. Thanks for making that long trip. i hope to repay you someday