Thread: Mt. Airy, VA/NC meet n' greet 6/1/13

Mt. Airy, VA/NC meet n' greet 6/1/13

Hey gang. I have been wanting to do a Meet & Greet in Mt. Airy/Mayberry. the problem is timing.
    Would it be too soon for Sat. June the 1st. I would like to meet at Snappy Lunch at 11:30. if we wait too long the buses will beat us. we can eat inside or out. we could even have rides in the Mayberry's patrol car. let me know something

Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-14-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Fixed title & bolded date/time.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

just trying to keep this up front
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

Be sure to keep your bullet in your shirt pocket....

Sorry guys going to have to change to June the 1st. there is a farmers festival this weekend i didn't know about. you probably couldn't find a place to park. but if you want you can come to the festival

- unknown

Not only will I be attending, but I will be able to say that I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.

I'm looking forward to figuring out the pork chop sandwich toppings.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

SKIDMARK, you have your chose of chili, slaw, onions, tomato, mustard, ketchup. i usually get all the way.

it is a big and sloppy sandwich, that a lot of people can't eat it all. they had a contest once and the winner only ate four

- unknown

Well, that went well - not.

Confused the time and thought I had been stood up. And after getting a parking spot right in front of the place.

There were more different types of tourists wandering about than I have seen anywhere else. If the guy driving Sherrif Taylor's car had gone by one more time with the siren going I think I would have either yanked it out or stuck his head in as a mute. I'm going to see if I can get a job standing in front of Floyd's barber shop telling people that Floyd was just a make-believe character and no, they cannot get a haircut from him. At a nickle for every person I heard ask where Floyd was, when he was coming back, and where the line started to get a haircut I could have covered the cost of breakfast this morning. The Bible-thumper on the corner made a great contrast to the forced hokum.

Anyhow - there's always a chance for a next time.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Well, that went well - not.

Confused the time and thought I had been stood up. And after getting a parking spot right in front of the place.

There were more different types of tourists wandering about than I have seen anywhere else. If the guy driving Sherrif Taylor's car had gone by one more time with the siren going I think I would have either yanked it out or stuck his head in as a mute. I'm going to see if I can get a job standing in front of Floyd's barber shop telling people that Floyd was just a make-believe character and no, they cannot get a haircut from him. At a nickle for every person I heard ask where Floyd was, when he was coming back, and where the line started to get a haircut I could have covered the cost of breakfast this morning. The Bible-thumper on the corner made a great contrast to the forced hokum.

Anyhow - there's always a chance for a next time.

stay safe.
    Did you get to see Goober do his Cary Grant impression?

sorry about the confusion SKIDMARK. i should have been there sooner. Thanks for making that long trip. i hope to repay you someday

- unknown