• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Ky OC

Orion_13

Is there ever an OC meet and greet in Western KY?

I tried one earlier this year but don't let that discourage you. It could have been the cold weather, winter. It could have been the fact that I called it on a Friday instead of a Saturday. I was just using my first available date. It is warmer now and there are a few more WK people on here since the start of the year. Go for it!

Orion

CharleyCherokee

I'm thinking of putting an OC gathering together for the Sat the 1st or Sun the 2nd at Noble Park. I might get Starnes to cook up some BBQ for us or something. Bring your piece and you can have a piece. :D

jsharp72

I personally know a few OCers that would attend. It would be great if we could gather together.

jsharp72

I'm thinking of putting an OC gathering together for the Sat the 1st or Sun the 2nd at Noble Park. I might get Starnes to cook up some BBQ for us or something. Bring your piece and you can have a piece. :D
So I'm guessing you can legally OC in the park? I was going to take my son fishing up there and was going to be OCing.

Orion_13

jsharp72

I went to Noble Park yesterday and the Park Rules sign that is posted upon entering does say " Weapons are not allowed in any city of Paducah park". Maybe these signs haven't been updated. But I OCed in there me and my son fished and he played. No problems and there were a lot of people there.

CharleyCherokee

I have had words with the park manager about those signs. He insists on leaving them up with that wording. It's going to get him in trouble.

CharleyCherokee

Here it is.

Saturday June 1 at 1:00 I will be at Noble park with my son having some Starne's BBQ. Anyone is welcome to come and join me.

CharleyCherokee

I'm going to try and be around the pool in one of those pavilions. I didn't rent one out so it'll be one that's available. Should be a pretty dead day over at Noble Park today.

jsharp72

You still going for 1:00? I've told a few OCers and maybe they will show up but not sure with all this rain. Have you heard who else is going to be there?

Last edited:

CharleyCherokee

Well I didn't find out until I went there, but the parks were all closed today. Figures the parks would be closed after I bought all that meat and such. Anyway, hopefully we have better luck next time.

jsharp72

Yeah, I drove out there too to find it closed. I even drove around to the entrance beside the ball field and actually saw a truck there and thought he done parked and walked into the park. HAHA. At least you will eat good for a few days!

Last edited:

Orion_13

Well I didn't find out until I went there, but the parks were all closed today. Figures the parks would be closed after I bought all that meat and such. Anyway, hopefully we have better luck next time.

That was one heck of a bad weather day for sure. I ended up having to work on several servers that day due to the power outage and storm issues. I was feeling bad that I wouldn't be able to show and then I heard on the radio that all parks were closed. I didn't realize you had already purchased supplies for it.

Orion

CharleyCherokee

Yeah. If you want Starne's to cook the meat for you, you have to give them a couple of days to get it done. No worries, though. We can figure something else out in the near future.