Thread: For the new members and Lurkers on the fence.

For the new members and Lurkers on the fence.

When I was deciding weather or not to go to a OC dinner or event. I was bouncing back and forth because I did not know what to expect a bunch of guy/gals that was carrying guns that I didn't know. So I figured I would write a very short story of my first oc event.

It was Ellisville Chevy's during the "Chevy's tour". My girlfriend and I pulled up and sat debating weather or not to go in. I seen Mspgunner outside based off his description in privite messages. I seen a few others that was open carrying. We decided to go ahead and give it a whirl. When we got out of the car and walked up introduced ourselfs they flogged us tied us up and beat us. No, NO just kidding every last one of them made us feel like we was part of the "family" and we had gone to hundreds of them before. Msp was very helpful and sat near us to talk and get to know us. Everyone made it a point to talk to us and welcome us on a individual level. We only had problem with the one guy that wore the buttless chaps (lol) J/k there as well. So while your deciding on trying one out read this and realize that you wouldn't be meeting strangers here at any of the events just family you didn't know you had.
    I am sure that when the new law is passed and in effect there will be a lot of new members wanting to try and come to the many events that will happen. I hope they read this and decide to come. I have never been to a KC side of Missouri event but I hear they are just as nice except they have birds or bugs that attack them. See youtube video.

Great post! The man thong guy has had a profound influence on the dress code for the group here on the east side, everyone learned to adapt. Not to be out done, I just came back from a K.C./Independence meetup. Although I knew most of these folks from Rallies and such I didn't realize part of the protochol for "new people" like me as a ritual of eating gun powder from a west side traditional gobblet. I accomplished this task without diffuculty and was welcomed to the group. They even gave me a group T-shirt. (TRUE) I certainly find the flask of powder much easier than the man thong. I suppose regional differences do happen and thus there has been a suggestion of a mid-state meet-up (TRUE). I would suggest a new tradition for new folks of consuming the gun powder from a man thong (or lady thong for our female OCers). (NOT TRUE) Since the political process has involved comprimise this tradition of comprimise between east and west OCers will have to be negotiated in the near future and the executive board to make a decision.
    (THIS IS ALL THEORETICAL, DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE WEB) We actually eat our young................

Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl View Post
    When I was deciding weather or not to go to a OC dinner or event. I was bouncing back and forth because I did not know what to expect a bunch of guy/gals that was carrying guns that I didn't know. So I figured I would write a very short story of my first oc event.

It was Ellisville Chevy's during the "Chevy's tour". My girlfriend and I pulled up and sat debating weather or not to go in. I seen Mspgunner outside based off his description in privite messages. I seen a few others that was open carrying. We decided to go ahead and give it a whirl. When we got out of the car and walked up introduced ourselfs they flogged us tied us up and beat us. No, NO just kidding every last one of them made us feel like we was part of the "family" and we had gone to hundreds of them before. Msp was very helpful and sat near us to talk and get to know us. Everyone made it a point to talk to us and welcome us on a individual level. We only had problem with the one guy that wore the buttless chaps (lol) J/k there as well. So while your deciding on trying one out read this and realize that you wouldn't be meeting strangers here at any of the events just family you didn't know you had.
    I am sure that when the new law is passed and in effect there will be a lot of new members wanting to try and come to the many events that will happen. I hope they read this and decide to come. I have never been to a KC side of Missouri event but I hear they are just as nice except they have birds or bugs that attack them. See youtube video.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Regular Member HighValueWarrior's Avatar

Good read - did enjoy.
    Going to find my leather conditioner and polish up my best pair of buttlesss chaps.
    However I shall need to work out before I can look as good as mspgunner in a thong
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

Benjamin Franklin
    The First American

now i'm not so sure i wanna show up at El Cinco de Mayo.

the thought of Marc in a thong is just..........
    Last edited by Broondog; 05-13-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

You guys have it wrong. I expect Tony will jump in here and get his claim to fame back!
    The man thing is his signature. I don'y know if he will post the picture, I won't. I can handle the trauma...
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO