• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For the new members and Lurkers on the fence.

repomasterstl

When I was deciding weather or not to go to a OC dinner or event. I was bouncing back and forth because I did not know what to expect a bunch of guy/gals that was carrying guns that I didn't know. So I figured I would write a very short story of my first oc event.

It was Ellisville Chevy's during the "Chevy's tour". My girlfriend and I pulled up and sat debating weather or not to go in. I seen Mspgunner outside based off his description in privite messages. I seen a few others that was open carrying. We decided to go ahead and give it a whirl. When we got out of the car and walked up introduced ourselfs they flogged us tied us up and beat us. :banana: No, NO just kidding every last one of them made us feel like we was part of the "family" and we had gone to hundreds of them before. Msp was very helpful and sat near us to talk and get to know us. Everyone made it a point to talk to us and welcome us on a individual level. We only had problem with the one guy that wore the buttless chaps (lol) :lol: J/k there as well. So while your deciding on trying one out read this and realize that you wouldn't be meeting strangers here at any of the events just family you didn't know you had.
I am sure that when the new law is passed and in effect there will be a lot of new members wanting to try and come to the many events that will happen. I hope they read this and decide to come. I have never been to a KC side of Missouri event but I hear they are just as nice except they have birds or bugs that attack them. See youtube video.

mspgunner

Great post! The man thong guy has had a profound influence on the dress code for the group here on the east side, everyone learned to adapt. Not to be out done, I just came back from a K.C./Independence meetup. Although I knew most of these folks from Rallies and such I didn't realize part of the protochol for "new people" like me as a ritual of eating gun powder from a west side traditional gobblet. I accomplished this task without diffuculty and was welcomed to the group. They even gave me a group T-shirt. (TRUE) I certainly find the flask of powder much easier than the man thong. I suppose regional differences do happen and thus there has been a suggestion of a mid-state meet-up (TRUE). I would suggest a new tradition for new folks of consuming the gun powder from a man thong (or lady thong for our female OCers). (NOT TRUE) Since the political process has involved comprimise this tradition of comprimise between east and west OCers will have to be negotiated in the near future and the executive board to make a decision.
(THIS IS ALL THEORETICAL, DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE WEB) We actually eat our young................

When I was deciding weather or not to go to a OC dinner or event. I was bouncing back and forth because I did not know what to expect a bunch of guy/gals that was carrying guns that I didn't know. So I figured I would write a very short story of my first oc event.

It was Ellisville Chevy's during the "Chevy's tour". My girlfriend and I pulled up and sat debating weather or not to go in. I seen Mspgunner outside based off his description in privite messages. I seen a few others that was open carrying. We decided to go ahead and give it a whirl. When we got out of the car and walked up introduced ourselfs they flogged us tied us up and beat us. :banana: No, NO just kidding every last one of them made us feel like we was part of the "family" and we had gone to hundreds of them before. Msp was very helpful and sat near us to talk and get to know us. Everyone made it a point to talk to us and welcome us on a individual level. We only had problem with the one guy that wore the buttless chaps (lol) :lol: J/k there as well. So while your deciding on trying one out read this and realize that you wouldn't be meeting strangers here at any of the events just family you didn't know you had.
I am sure that when the new law is passed and in effect there will be a lot of new members wanting to try and come to the many events that will happen. I hope they read this and decide to come. I have never been to a KC side of Missouri event but I hear they are just as nice except they have birds or bugs that attack them. See youtube video.

HighValueWarrior

:lol:

Good read - did enjoy.
Going to find my leather conditioner and polish up my best pair of buttlesss chaps.
However I shall need to work out before I can look as good as mspgunner in a thong :cool:

mspgunner

You guys have it wrong. I expect Tony will jump in here and get his claim to fame back!
The man thing is his signature. I don'y know if he will post the picture, I won't. I can handle the trauma...