• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if there is aveto to HB436?

mspgunner

Marc,
They are incorrect – you are right – August 28th.

However they may have meant to say that if Nixon does not sign nor veto, it becomes law automatically after 45 days (should be July 1st), but still is not effective until August 28th.

If there is a veto, the veto override session will begin September 11th. If the vetoed bill is overridden, it would become effective immediately since that would be after the August 28th date.

Oramac

How long B4 Nixon gets the bill on his desk? Then how long can he take to decide the outcome?

If I'm not mistaken it's on his desk now, though I'm not 100% sure of that, so take it with a grain of salt.

As for the timing, that's something I'm definitely not sure of. I THINK he has 45 days to sign, given the timing of the session ending. But again, not totally sure.

kcgunfan

If I'm not mistaken it's on his desk now, though I'm not 100% sure of that, so take it with a grain of salt.

As for the timing, that's something I'm definitely not sure of. I THINK he has 45 days to sign, given the timing of the session ending. But again, not totally sure.

I think you are incorrect, the actions list does not show it as having been signed by the House and Senate leaders. And that is the next step. If you want to see one that has, check our HB14.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oramac

I think you are incorrect, the actions list does not show it as having been signed by the House and Senate leaders. And that is the next step. If you want to see one that has, check our HB14.

I stand corrected. Thanks!

kcgunfan

I stand corrected. Thanks!

No problem, I wanted to check for myself anyway. As far as how long Gov. Nixon has, it looks like as long as it is signed by 6PM May 17th, he has 15 days. I can't think of why it would not be signed by then. I'm not sure whether or not it can be signed after May 17th, but if it is, he would have 45 days.