• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private Police Working better than public police

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
"It's just me, a dog, and a rifle."

I like him.

Of course, think how much safer Detroit would be if every law-abiding resident had a dog and a rifle, too.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

While what he is doing is good and commendable, it is not what I picture for community responsibility. His program while more effective then the government is still doing the same thing as the government. It is letting, encouraging people to be dependent on somebody else for their security and safety. Before government and policing became as offtrack as it is today it actually had the same ideals as his. In the ancient times SWAT was not about violence but deescalation of violence. IMO he dresses like the police ninjas so it kinda gives me the impression that he is not as non violent as he says, makes for a good commercial though.

(snip)

Of course, think how much safer Detroit would be is every law-abiding resident had a dog and a rifle, too.

This is more what I have in mind for communities taking control of their own destiny and safety.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
While what he is doing is good and commendable, it is not what I picture for community responsibility. His program while more effective then the government is still doing the same thing as the government. It is letting, encouraging people to be dependent on somebody else for their security and safety. Before government and policing became as offtrack as it is today it actually had the same ideals as his. In the ancient times SWAT was not about violence but deescalation of violence. IMO he dresses like the police ninjas so it kinda gives me the impression that he is not as non violent as he says, makes for a good commercial though.

You have a point. But a market is all about choices. Folks do, and should, have the right to choose to delegate the responsibility for their safety to someone they trust.

Would I do so? No. But does Mr. Brown provide an example of how it might be done in a non-aggressive fashion, and in doing so put lie to the mainstream view of police? Yes, yes he does.

sudden valley gunner

"It's just me, a dog, and a rifle."

I like him.

Of course, think how much safer Detroit would be if every law-abiding resident had a dog and a rifle, too.

This is more what I have in mind for communities taking control of their own destiny and safety.

Yep it would be better if people took responsibility.

I like the fact that he only provides his services to those who ask for it, even when they can't afford it. Which makes him a generous man that destroys the arguments that poor people won't get any services and be left out in free market services that the government tries to monopolize.

You have a point. But a market is all about choices. Folks do, and should, have the right to choose to delegate the responsibility for their safety to someone they trust.

Would I do so? No. But does Mr. Brown provide an example of how it might be done in a non-aggressive fashion, and in doing so put lie to the mainstream view of police? Yes, yes he does.

+1 And I have no idea of his politics but he does this for damn sure. I have heard way too many times from cops, "if that's the way you feel don't call the cops when the SHTF" meaning they would support not providing me services I don't support even though my money is stolen for them. This man supports and helps those who don't pay for his services......wow!

Last edited: