Thread: US Justice Dept secretly obtains wide AP phone records in probe.

US Justice Dept secretly obtains wide AP phone records in probe.

"By MARK SHERMAN— May. 13 5:20 PM EDT - The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed outgoing calls for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP. It was not clear if the records also included incoming calls or the duration of calls."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-...-records-probe

FedGov bites the hand that feeds it. Pass the popcorn.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    They should appreciate the efforts that Obama is doing to insure their safety ...

Banned
    What amazes me is that the AP is one of the Obama administration's facilitators.

The Justice Dept. Secretly Seized AP Phone Records — on a Terror Leak? Atlantic Wire

"According to an article published by the AP, it may relate to a May 2012 article published by the Associated Press revealing an Al-Qaeda bomb plot. That plot, originating in Yemen, was targeted for the anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden, but was foiled when the device was given to a CIA double agent. The AP broke the story, holding it for several days at the request of the White House. According to the AP, the reporters on that story owned numbers that were among those subpoenaed, indicating that Justice may be trying to identify the source of the leak."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...records/65184/

Warning to reporters and sources: Assume all your communications are being monitored

"Warning to reporters and sources: Assume all your communications are being monitored. Time to move back to the parking garage #longhotsummer" https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/334092367630049280