• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Problems with private messaging?

molonlabe821

Hello all

Has anyone ever had any problems with private messaging here? Are there certain "filter words" that prevent messages from being sent?

I'm trying to have a conversation in PM with a dear friend of mine who I found on this site after losing touch 12 years ago, and I sent two long messages (they weren't over the character limit) that he never received..

Has anyone else ran into this?

Thanks everyone.

molonlabe821

That's what I thought at first, maybe it was a spam prevention filter, but a few of them had gone through.. Odd. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

While I'm here I'd just like to say thanks to this whole community for standing up for our rights. I'm a recovering liberal, taking it one day at a time.. There's no "liberals anonymous," so I'm using OCDO in lieu of meetings. I'm now a proud Kentucky open carrier.

eye95

That's what I thought at first, maybe it was a spam prevention filter, but a few of them had gone through.. Odd. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

While I'm here I'd just like to say thanks to this whole community for standing up for our rights. I'm a recovering liberal, taking it one day at a time.. There's no "liberals anonymous," so I'm using OCDO in lieu of meetings. I'm now a proud Kentucky open carrier.

When you get to the appropriate step, I expect an apology from you for voting for Obama.

eye95

molon...for the love of all that is holy...say NO...not matter what...say NO!

on edit...too late

We should all take seriously our role in protecting new members from resident trolls. I am ashamed that I failed.

Last edited: