Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dude arrested for miscounting rounds put into his pistol mag?

Banned

Dude arrested for miscounting rounds put into his pistol mag?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-7-bullet-cap/

The state troopers saw a .40-caliber pistol on Dean’s passenger side when they approached his window. Although it was lawfully possessed by Dean, they discovered nine bullets within the magazine, putting him two bullets over the seven-bullet max set by the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act.

Anyone, ANYONE who thinks that LEOs are our friend should learn a lesson here ... THEY ARE NOT our friends

The cops could have just highlighted the new unconstitutional law but CHOSE to arrest. We now know where law enforcement is at with these unconstitutional laws --- they are out to arrest, imprison, confiscate, and void our natural rights.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-14-2013 at 11:09 AM.

When LEO's enforce such draconian and irrational laws, they truly become PIGS

Dude arrested for miscounting rounds put into his pistol mag?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    When LEO's enforce such draconian and irrational laws, they truly become PIGS
    ^^^^this^^^^
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

I saw this same story on Breitbart. It's disgusting. Maybe some NY'ers should join the armed march on DC in July.

How is it that the state that is home to the statue of liberty, has no liberty. Of course keep in mind that the people of NY voted for these tyrants.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Dude arrested for miscounting rounds put into his pistol mag?

He may or may not agree with the law, but he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't enforce it (he is a law ENFORCEMENT officer, after all).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    He may or may not agree with the law, but he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't enforce it (he is a law ENFORCEMENT officer, after all).

So wrong ....

How many rounds were in the cops gun?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    How many rounds were in the cops gun?
    Enough to shoot nine innocent bystanders if need be...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So wrong ....
    So if you were an officer in New York State, are you telling me you'd put your job in jeopardy and overlook anyone breaking the law, regardless of how stupid or unconstitutional it may be? And please don't say you'd look for another job if it ever came to that.

So if you were an officer in New York State, are you telling me you'd put your job in jeopardy and overlook anyone breaking the law, regardless of how stupid or unconstitutional it may be? And please don't say you'd look for another job if it ever came to that.

Job security is not an excuse for breaking the law!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Job security is not an excuse for breaking the law!
    You're not answering the question. Would you or would you not uphold the law, regardless of how unreasonable it is?

You're not answering the question. Would you or would you not uphold the law, regardless of how unreasonable it is?

Unconstitutional laws are void, so no I would not enforce them. It was common before all the concealed carry privilege laws for law abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms, and no I did not arrest law abiding citizens who were in violation of a unconstitutional law.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Unconstitutional laws are void, so no I would not enforce them. It was common before all the concealed carry privilege laws for law abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms, and no I did not arrest law abiding citizens who were in violation of a unconstitutional law.
    So you would put your job in jeopardy.

So you would put your job in jeopardy.

Unless ordered by the court to make a arrest, it is highly unlikely that a UNION police officer would be fired for not making a arrest. Outside of that, if it came to it, I would lose my job before violating the constitution.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Unless ordered by the court to make a arrest, it is highly unlikely that a UNION police officer would be fired for not making a arrest. Outside of that, if it came to it, I would lose my job before violating the constitution.
    Sorry but my job is my and my family's well being. No way on Earth would I jeopardize it because I disagree with a company policy (or in this case, a law that I'm supposed to enforce).

Sorry but my job is my and my family's well being. No way on Earth would I jeopardize it because I disagree with a company policy (or in this case, a law that I'm supposed to enforce).

Well considering you are not a NY police officer, I don't see how it could possibly jeopardize your job. But I guarantee if you are convicted of civil rights violations it will, no matter what the department says. I am puzzled if you are a In LEO why does it scare you a law in NY state? Why in God's name would you risk your job, liberty to enforce a NY unconstitutional law IN INDIANA?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned

That's spot on.

Banned

Then there is nothing you would not do ...

I'm not an LEO anywhere. What I was saying was purely hypothetical. All I'm saying is, if I'm a police officer and the department passes a blatantly unconstitutional magazine capacity law, I would enforce the law. That's not to say I wouldn't work to try to have it repealed (I would). But the law is the law and the police are supposed to enforce it.

Banned
    I'm not an LEO anywhere. What I was saying was purely hypothetical. All I'm saying is, if I'm a police officer and the department passes a blatantly unconstitutional magazine capacity law, I would enforce the law. That's not to say I wouldn't work to try to have it repealed (I would). But the law is the law and the police are supposed to enforce it.

And you do know that some people would shoot you before allowing you to arrest them?

Well I was a LEO, and your hypothetical is bovine scatology. Police do not have to enforce most laws, and their departments in most cases do not force them to. In fact in those departments with unions it is very hard to get rid of a police officer even when they screw up. And NY police are mostly union. The only time a officer loses his discretion is when a judge names that specific officer to serve a warrant, and then the officer is trouble with the court not the police dept if he declines. Judges rarely direct warrants to one person though, unless there is a request for it.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Well I was a LEO, and your hypothetical is bovine scatology. Police do not have to enforce most laws, and their departments in most cases do not force them to. In fact in those departments with unions it is very hard to get rid of a police officer even when they screw up. And NY police are mostly union. The only time a officer loses his discretion is when a judge names that specific officer to serve a warrant, and then the officer is trouble with the court not the police dept if he declines. Judges rarely direct warrants to one person though, unless there is a request for it.
    Nothing at all bovinely scatological about my hypothetical scenario. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by tattedupboy; 05-14-2013 at 10:17 PM.

So when was the last time you were stopped for a very minor vehicle offense, did the cop count the bullets in your gun? Crime is so under control in NY, that a burned out tag light is all there is left to enforce?

Please site specific examples of where cops were fired for not stopping every vehicle with a burned out tag light, they we will have something to talk about. Ever pass a cop running radar 57 in a 55 zone, and he didn't pull you over and write you a ticket. Was he fired?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast