• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From a recent AP Story on Background checks

Edward Peruta

The office that handles federal background checks has not encountered any delays despite an increase in requests since the Newtown shooting, said Stephen Fischer, a spokesman for the FBI, but senators backing gun control are discussing ways to revive legislation that extend federal background check requirements to more buyers.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I called DESPP and they said that they are having no fed. BR chk delays ... its the "filing" causing the issue or the towns or godzilla .. DESPP cannot explain anything with a straight face

DESPP will not and has never given truthful information ..

Last edited:

forhumans

State Police 39 new jobs to handle work

Administrators recently told a legislative committee that as of the end of last year state police had 1,000 gun transactions to log into its system. That number has now swelled to 62,000.

There are also 2,720 sets of fingerprints to be processed for pistol permits, along with 9,326 applications.

Vance said state police have an overall backlog of 4,800 fingerprint cards to enter into the system. He said staff can now process about 250 cards a day.