• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun laws in Kentucky surprise just about everyone-MSNBC

Packer fan

Above all, I was stunned by the lack of media attention to this issue,

"Above all, I was stunned by the lack of media attention to this issue, which I believe led to it quietly being passed."

In other words, we the media weren't able to work the public up into an emotional frenzy, causing the emotional driven Representative to vote against this bill until it was to late.

"I was surprised that Kentucky’s constitution provided more protections than the US Constitution, allowing guns to be carried for personal and property protection."

In other words, I really don't know what I'm talking about but since I'm an emotional based reporter I'm appalled that Kentucky's constitution is only clearer in it's statement of purpose keeping and bearing arms.

"It was so quiet that many of the public officials and entities were caught off guard when it took effect this January." "Again, many of the leaders say they were simply caught off guard when the law took effect and are still sorting it all out."

In other words, let's not blame lawmakers for voting on a bill they don't fully understand, let's blame the evil NRA for being so sneaky as to not alarm the media before they introduced the bill. How dare the NRA not make a press conference about this.

"...this new gun legislation has turned Kentucky into what one lawmaker called the “new wild west”.

In other words, even though nothing has happened since the law has taken effect, I'm still going to use the emotional hyperbole of "the old west" to evoke more emotional responses; because we all know everything in the movies is real and true.

"The author of Kentucky’s new gun law, State Rep. Bob Damron, D-Nicholasville, makes it clear. “ I feel more comfortable when citizens have a weapon to protect themselves because, chances are, they’ll protect me as well,” he told me. Fact is many, many people in this part of the country (and other parts) agree."

In other words, It only confirms just how elitist I am. I am so far out of touch with my reality and emotions that I can't understand that people can and would trust and help others. I don't understand all those uneducated peasants who don't view the world as I do.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

How are we the "old west"? Kentucky was a frontier zone back in the 1780's... Alaska wasnt a state until 1956 and was called the wild frontier... Arizona not until the late 19th/early 20th century...

Historically speaking, the other OC friendly states west of the Mississippi River, especially Alaska and Arizona, and even Montana, are the real 'old west', 'wild west' and so on.

Making historically false accusations of what a state is or isn't, then such a term no longer applies, or has not been applied within the last two hundred years... should be a misdemeanor. [I know, unconstitutional...]

This has been a statement by Kapitan zur See Obvious.

Last edited: