• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a gun friendly bank

the_frenchie

Hi everybody,

Recently my bank decided to put a "No concealable weapons allowed" sign (meeting all the SC requirements...) at the entrance of my branch.
I don't trust them anymore to handle my money if they don't even respect my rights!

I live in York county and I'm am now actively looking for a new bank to take my business elsewhere asap.
As far as I can tell, Woodforest National Bank seems to be gun friendly but I'm not 100% sure about that. Does anyone know which banks are gun friendly for CWP holders in the Rock Hill / Fort Mill area? Thanks in advance.

tattedupboy

Any bank that doesn't have a sign. And don't call around to different banks asking their policies on customers carrying, either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MKEgal

I use Wells Fargo. In fact, I opened my account while OC, with a check from a legal settlement for OC.
But I second the comment of "don't call around & ask".
First, the person answering the phone isn't likely to actually know the policy which applies to customers. They'll probably know that their employee handbook says no, & they think guns are evil, so they'll tell you no.
Go to a branch to pick up information, tell them you're looking to switch banks, and be OC while you're telling them you're a prospective customer.
You can also check www.friendorfoe.us

the_frenchie

Alright, I'll be shopping around in person for a new bank this weekend and I'll make sure to keep my eyes open to don't miss any sign (even those little tiny wee ones.)
I was about to call a few banks yesterday but then I changed my mind ... and yes, you are both right, no need to scare the bankers :p

Thank you for your comments and I'll let you know my final choice soon!

Mantioch

I don't live in SC, but I recently switched to Chase and they do not have gun buster stickers, at least not in KY. Since Chase is a large bank and located in many states, I thought I would pass it along. They have the friendliest staff I've seen in a bank. I will admit, I've not OC'ed there, yet.

the_frenchie

Indeed John Canuck, no OC yet :(
Hopefully that will change soon for us in South Carolina.

Last edited: