• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are we REALLY for protection of the Second Amendment, or just a little piece of it?

BriKuz

It is bothersome to me that we all advocate for only ONE type of open carry of arms (specifically, firearms) Doesn't the second amendment protect the right to bear ARMS, not just FIREARMS? Why should a person not under disability be prevented from open carrying a sword, club, knife, etc?

davidmcbeth

Banned
It is bothersome to me that we all advocate for only ONE type of open carry of arms (specifically, firearms) Doesn't the second amendment protect the right to bear ARMS, not just FIREARMS? Why should a person not under disability be prevented from open carrying a sword, club, knife, etc?

Why would a disability be a factor?

Defrock

I certainly believe that people should be able to use any arms that they can carry themselves. Knives, guns, throwing-stars, bricks, sticks, nun-chuks.

carracer

As the forum is dedicated to the lawful, responsible open carry of handguns, that is what is advocated here.

As individuals I believe that we advocate for the second amendment and how it applies to lawful citizens.

WalkingWolf

OCDO is a privately owned and run site, there are no rights on a non government website, only the privileges the site administrators and moderators allow. Open carry of properly holstered handguns is the site focus, there are other sites that do focus on other arms.

davidmcbeth

Banned
OCDO is a privately owned and run site, there are no rights on a non government website, only the privileges the site administrators and moderators allow. Open carry of properly holstered handguns is the site focus, there are other sites that do focus on other arms.

Rights? I got rights... lol

I got a left too.

countryclubjoe

Could my old 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood, thats built like a Tank be considered a deadly weapon? Or being the driver of said tank make me a deadly weapon? LOL

CCJ

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Not sure the 2A protects all weapons. For example in WA butterfly knives are illegal, and numerous cities have various convoluted laws concerning blade length etc. Yet we have pretty decent, and uniform laws through out the state for firearms.

Gil223

The same reason cats and hamsters aren't entered in dog shows...

Ummmmm... perhaps it's because this is a firearms forum? Swords, clubs, knives, telescoping batons, baseball bats, hatpins, kubatons, shuriken, steel pipe, and petrified possum feces all have their own forums. None of these items are under constant assault by the left. We try to keep the emphasis where it's supposed to be, which is not even firearms in general, but specifically holstered handguns in plain sight. :) Pax...

sharkey

Why would a disability be a factor?

LOL

I don't know if you were joking or being serious. If you were being serious google "relief from disability".

ETA: Then again maybe you were being serious but for a different reason. I do believe it's unconstitutional to deny a felon their rights after their sentence is served.

Last edited:

eye95

I am sure that the overwhelming majority of folks here believe that the 2A is about firearms and other arms. This just ain't the place to discuss the other arms as it purpose, as stated by the owners is to discuss the open carry of properly holstered handguns. Feel free to start your own forum to discuss whatever you wish to discuss.

Freedom1Man

Not sure the 2A protects all weapons. For example in WA butterfly knives are illegal, and numerous cities have various convoluted laws concerning blade length etc. Yet we have pretty decent, and uniform laws through out the state for firearms.

Like the state of WAshington is known for following the constitution?

Bad argument.

BriKuz

I am sure that the overwhelming majority of folks here believe that the 2A is about firearms and other arms. This just ain't the place to discuss the other arms as it purpose, as stated by the owners is to discuss the open carry of properly holstered handguns. Feel free to start your own forum to discuss whatever you wish to discuss.
(and in reply to WalkingWolf)

I am fully aware of the owners' rights to guide the discussion in whatever way they see fit... I respect and support that right fully (each person is the ONLY person who has any RIGHTS to said individual's person and/or efforts and result of those efforts) I was merely interested in others' viewpoint on this particular subject... perhaps it should be moved to "Social Lounge" or another appropriate sub-forum?

joanie

Agreed !

OhioOpenCarry- http://s11.zetaboards.com/OhioOpenCarry/index/

AmericaChat- http://s11.zetaboards.com/AmericaChat/index/

I don't think I included a catogory on swords, probibly won't unless I see a apparent demand for it. Use the "general discussion" catogory if you like.

Lyndsy Simon

The 2A protects nothing - the people's resistance to disarmament does the protecting. The Constitution (amendments included) merely delineates the powers of government. The actual protection is left as an exercise to the reader.