• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GameStop Policy?

Esanders2008

Ok I actually called their customer service line. The gentleman told me that individual locations may sometimes have a different set of rules, depending on who owns the shopping center. He told me to call their front dest tomorrow at 817-424-2000 to get further information.

paramedic70002

I usually go into the Suffolk store, which at last check was not posted. And I call BS on that "shopping center policy" nonsense. I have never seen a shopping center with every store posted.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Never had any issue with GameStops in Lynchburg, the few times I've been in one.

Edited to remove my previous statement. I missed that the original poster indicated his local store was posted.

Last edited:

Marco

The Game Stop In C"Ville called the PD on a CC'er when one of the employees spotted the CC'ers holster sticking out from under his shirt..

I've OCed a few times in there with my son, no issues.

Esanders2008

So I just got off the phone with Game Stop corporate and they have no official policy, leaving the option of banning guns to the store manager. On another note, this is a corporate store, not a franchise. Also, there is a game stop two blocks from this one, and I don't believe it is posted.

Esanders2008

I just got off the phone with the Assistant Manager of that location (which is actually 700 N Military Hwy, STE 2006) and he said that the shopping center is owned by Military Circle Mall, and their security requested that the sign be put up. He personally disagrees with the policy, but it is there none the less.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I just got off the phone with the Assistant Manager of that location (which is actually 700 N Military Hwy, STE 2006) and he said that the shopping center is owned by Military Circle Mall, and their security requested that the sign be put up. He personally disagrees with the policy, but it is there none the less.
Is the entrance from the outside to the store? If so and my store the mall security would be told where to attach their sign. :cuss:

Lolcanoe

I've carried at the one near AMC and Chuck E Cheese on Big Bethel, and the one next to Yorktown Walmart, no problems with either

That security "request" could cost them business..

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
The store itself isn't even in the mall or attached to it. But the mall owns the shopping center.

The manager said he doesn't agree with it. IANAL but As long as game stop pays the rent they don't need to put the sign up just because some security dweeb asked. :banghead:

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

The Airframer

I've open carried at the Gamestop on Lynnhaven and the GS on indian river rd. Not a word spoken about my carry at either location. I bet the nerds behind the counter were trying their hardest to recall what game and what level they had seen my pistol in before:confused:.