Thread: Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response

Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response

As the "Great Ammunition Shortage" continues, police departments across the country are struggling to supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for help, and citizens stepped up.

In Proctor, Minnesota, police chief Walter Wobig says that his suppliers have told him he'll have to wait "months" for the 1,000 rounds he's requested.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...an-amid-strong
    It would be a difficult choice for me to support my local PD regarding this issue if it were to occur.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The way I interpreted the article, it seemed like it was 1500 rounds loaned from a citizen who was also a police officer loaning from his personal stash.

How many shootings are these cops anticipating? Or is SWAT-like training really all that critical where this department actually ran out of ammunition and can't find ANY, considering we are seeing it pop up with increasing frequency right now.

Seems like it was time for headline, more likely.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    It would be a difficult choice for me to support my local PD regarding this issue if it were to occur.
    I would give them my # and ask them to call me ... I would show up and access if the ammo transfer is something I would be willing to do on a case by case basis.

Hahahahaha ...

You want ammo to arrest a guy who owns a gun that the gov't does not like? Suck eggs.