• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response

OC for ME

As the "Great Ammunition Shortage" continues, police departments across the country are struggling to supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for help, and citizens stepped up.

In Proctor, Minnesota, police chief Walter Wobig says that his suppliers have told him he'll have to wait "months" for the 1,000 rounds he's requested.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...itizens-ammo-gets-1500-round-loan-amid-strong
It would be a difficult choice for me to support my local PD regarding this issue if it were to occur.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The way I interpreted the article, it seemed like it was 1500 rounds loaned from a citizen who was also a police officer loaning from his personal stash.

How many shootings are these cops anticipating? Or is SWAT-like training really all that critical where this department actually ran out of ammunition and can't find ANY, considering we are seeing it pop up with increasing frequency right now.

Seems like it was time for headline, more likely.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It would be a difficult choice for me to support my local PD regarding this issue if it were to occur.

I would give them my # and ask them to call me ... I would show up and access if the ammo transfer is something I would be willing to do on a case by case basis.

Hahahahaha ...

You want ammo to arrest a guy who owns a gun that the gov't does not like? Suck eggs.