• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fredericskburg Range then Fishing

lil_shawn1990

Looking to go out to the range on the morning of the 25th then hit up some fishing for the rest of day. would like to get some fellow OC'ers out to attend as well. Any suggestions for places to do this are welcome.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looking to go out to the range on the morning of the 25th then hit up some fishing for the rest of day. would like to get some fellow OC'ers out to attend as well. Any suggestions for places to do this are welcome.

Hopefully TFred will chime in. That's his stomping ground. Good luck fishing. The Stripers are hitting now.

TFred

I don't get to do much shooting around town. There is an indoor range called, ironically, The Range, which is about 5 miles north of town, just off Route 1. Never used it, but I did stick my head in the door once. I've heard from others that it is ok.

Not much of a fisherman, my neighbor catches a lot of catfish on the Rappahannock, I think he goes a little bit downriver from the city, but not sure where he sets up. Another option may be Motts Run.

ETA: More on Motts Run here (scroll down til you get to it.)

TFred

Last edited:

lil_shawn1990

I don't get to do much shooting around town. There is an indoor range called, ironically, The Range, which is about 5 miles north of town, just off Route 1. Never used it, but I did stick my head in the door once. I've heard from others that it is ok.

Not much of a fisherman, my neighbor catches a lot of catfish on the Rappahannock, I think he goes a little bit downriver from the city, but not sure where he sets up. Another option may be Motts Run.

ETA: More on Motts Run here (scroll down til you get to it.)

TFred

Thanks for the info TFred, seems like you are one of the more common posters on this site.

lil_shawn1990

Well change of plans. Looks like im gonna be going on a 2 day canoeing/camping/fishing trip here in fredburg. Anyones welcome to join. Doubt ill open carry while in the canoe for fear of flipping and drowning my gun but I will be close by and will be on my hip when im on the shore. Doing this on sat/sun. Email me at shawnmock1990@gmail if you want to come.

Last edited: