Thread: New member here

New member here

Hi everyone,

I just signed up today, thank you for having me. I have read several posts and would like to express my sincere appreciation for all your great efforts on our 2nd Amendment rights in Missouri. Please keep up the momentum, it is definitely paying off. I'm not familiar with every bill, but I am aware of HB 436, very nice! A brief desc. about me; I live in Springfield, MO, I'm 50 y.o. and have a CCW which needs to be renewed next month. I am very interested in attending OC meetings in Spfd, if there aren't any, perhaps we could start one. Please post info. and/or send me an email. There is a gun show this weekend (May 18 & 19) at the Fairgrounds, I plan to go and will inquire there as well. Currently, I work nights and my only day off is Sunday. I have to admit that I have never openly carried and have only carried concealed a few times. I desperately want to feel free to do either as a law abiding citizen who only wants to protect myself should the need ever present itself. I would really like to meet others in Springfield that I can discuss relevant topics and perhaps go to a shooting range with periodically. I hope one day soon to exercise my right and openly carry for the first time. Thank You, alanspfdmo

Welcome aboard, I am a newbie to the forum as well. I open carry everywhere I go, it is my right to do so and I believe at this time in our Country's history, it is important that I do so.

Currently, I work nights and my only day off is Sunday. ... I hope one day soon to exercise my right
    Howdy. I sometimes work nights too. I'm not familiar with your area laws, but for now (pending new state laws) don't forget to check your county codes as well as city codes for OC regulations, Municode is good, and have fun!

I open carry everywhere I go, it is my right to do so
    Yeah!!!

(Not all cities agree though, many have unconstitutional restrictions and extremely harsh penalties, so be aware, and people in restricted areas might be advised to consider waiting for HB 436.)

Regular Member HighValueWarrior's Avatar
    Welcome alanspfdmo !
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country."

Benjamin Franklin
    The First American

WELCOME alanspfdmo!!

There have been a few meet-n-greets here in the Queen City. We had a get together a while back; it's probably time to have another one in June.

Springfield is OC friendly...however, research the regs in any of the outlining areas; some prohibit it, others allow only with a CCW permit; Greene County is silent on the matter. Once HB 436 gets signed and in force, it won't make a difference, if you have a CCW.

This forum is great place. Just learn to discern the information placed on here. There are many who provide their opinion as fact, when in reality, it's just their opinion.

Again, WELCOME and hope to meet up in the very near future.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I appreciate all your responses and advice. A local meet and greet in June would be great. If on a Sunday or perhaps a weekday luncheon, you can count me in. I look forward to making your acquaintance as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

alanspfdmo

Yes! More Springfield meet-ups! I can't get enough and we need more people to show up for them!
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

New member here

Welcome! Great knowledgeable people here I'm sure you will like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"