Thread: Transporting Weapon in Kansas

Question Transporting Weapon in Kansas

I am new to open carry. I have taken CC class just have not received license yet. I am still unclear about carrying weapon in vehicle on Open carry. Is it all right to keep it in the trunk loaded? Do I have to unload and load it every time I go into a store etc.? I am under the assumption that I can't legally have it up front and accessible. Please let me know.

Wichita says it must be unloaded and unaccessable so the plastic bag trick won't work here.

I'm pretty sure that unloaded and in a separate vehicle compartment is the only way to transport it legally inside the city limits. You may get away with the glove box, but if they are searching your vehicle for whatever reason and find it the technicalities aren't going to stop them from giving you the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by KTCerberus View Post
    Wichita says it must be unloaded and unaccessable so the plastic bag trick won't work here.

I'm pretty sure that unloaded and in a separate vehicle compartment is the only way to transport it legally inside the city limits. You may get away with the glove box, but if they are searching your vehicle for whatever reason and find it the technicalities aren't going to stop them from giving you the ride.
    So I can have it loaded but it must be locked either in case or in the trunk or both??