• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your Rnage Bag

njkennelly

Looking to put together my first real range bag.

What bag do you guys use and why. Pics appreciated!

I've looked a bit at the Maxpedition Compact Range Bag. Is $150 too much for quality bag?

Edit:
Holy poop. Just noticed the typo in the thread title. How embarrassing: :eek:
Maybe a Mod can fix it for me.

Last edited:

njkennelly

mikeyb

I just use a Timbuk2 messenger bag I picked up at REI's bargain bin. Looks inconspicuous, just like the thousands of bags you see.

Steeler-gal

I just use a Timbuk2 messenger bag I picked up at REI's bargain bin. Looks inconspicuous, just like the thousands of bags you see.

Ha ha! I've thought about using mine for my ammo bag.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I've had the same basic Walmart range bag for 7 years now. I bought it for $20 and it's still in great shape and I hit the range at least once per week.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I've several. The ones that came from yard sales get used a lot more often than that huge bag I bought from Dillon. Camera bags make great range bags and they are frequent finds at yard sales. Computer backpacks are perfect if you need a backpack style.

That said, Maxpedition stuff is nice.

Gil223

My range bag is made by Glock - or at least marketed by and bearing the Glock logo. Well-made, heavy duty, and will hold 4 handguns and a little ammo, or one Glock and a LOT of ammo. It works for me. :) Pax...

Last edited:

Deanimator

I don't use a bag. I use a bullseye pistol competitor's box with attached pistol scope and room for eight handguns and ammunition.

I got mine from Champion's Choice in TN.

Mantioch

I have an "Allen" bag from Dicks Sporting Goods. I think it was about $40 and holds two handgun cases nicely as we'll as a cleaning kit and has lots of Velcro pockets for ammo. It also has two soft and fluffy mats to put your weapons on at the range if there's no good place to lay them.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Amazon, has a good selection also. There is no right or wrong bag. If you asked a 100 people on this, or any forum which is best you will get 110 answers. Take an inventory of your gear, and what you would like to normally take to the range, and go from there. There is nothing wrong with having a quality equipment, but some manufacturers get too carried away with their brand label prices. Good example - North Face is a great company, but I got a fleece jacket from Cabelas bargain bin for $30 that is as good or better than the jacket my daughter got with the NF logo that cost about $150.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ag&sprefix=range,aps,224&rh=i:aps,k:range+bag

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Nice, and you saved $120 even with shipping. Another company for good prices is Sportsman Guide. I'm on their e-mail list, and they have sales with free shipping for purchases over X dollars and right now free shipping for any purchase. Now get out to the range, and do some shooting!