Thread: Is this correct

Is this correct

If it is just one more step to a GODless country.

Had this sent to me.

(The new World War II Memorial in Washington , DC .

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor :

'Yesterday, December 7, 1941--a date which will live in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.'

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph.'

But as she read, she was suddenly turned angry. 'Wait a minute,' she said, 'they left out the end of the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with 'so help us God.'

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away.

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself, 'Well, it has been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.'

But she had not forgotten. She was right.. )

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    If it is just one more step to a GODless country.

Had this sent to me.

(The new World War II Memorial in Washington , DC .

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor :

'Yesterday, December 7, 1941--a date which will live in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.'

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph.'

But as she read, she was suddenly turned angry. 'Wait a minute,' she said, 'they left out the end of the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with 'so help us God.'

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away.

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself, 'Well, it has been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.'

But she had not forgotten. She was right.. )

Mike
    I have heard that soliloquy more than once. As recorded when FDR gave that speech.

She did not forget.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

So help us God

With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounded determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God. http://www.worldwar-two.net/events/u..._war_on_japan/
    So help us God.

A stunning prayer by a progressive, arguably THE progressive president.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Under which administration was this project originally commissioned?
    Who approved the final draft or design of the monument?
    Clinton or maybe Bush
    I would say someone in the parks dept. OKed the design.
    Its not that old.

Mike

"In 1987, World War II veteran Roger Durbin approached Representative Marcy Kaptur, a Democrat from Ohio, to ask if a World War II memorial could be constructed. Kaptur introduced the World War II Memorial Act to the House of Representatives as HR 3742 on December 10. The resolution authorized the American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) to establish a World War II memorial in "Washington, D.C., or its environs", but the bill was not voted on before the end of the session, so it was not passed. Two more times, in 1989 and 1991, Rep. Kaptur introduced similar legislation, but these bills suffered the same fate as the first, and did not become law.

Kaptur reintroduced legislation in the House a fourth time as HR 682 on January 27, 1993, one day after Senator Strom Thurmond (a Republican from South Carolina) introduced companion Senate legislation. On March 17, 1993, the Senate approved the act, and the House approved an amended version of the bill on May 4. On May 12, the Senate also approved the amended bill, and the World War II Memorial Act was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on May 25 of that year, becoming Public Law 103-32." Senator Thurmond was a great senator, greater than South Carolina's Junior Senior Senator.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-19-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Under which administration was this project originally commissioned?
    Who approved the final draft or design of the monument?
    Immaterial. The issue is that this is a clear case of revisionist history, where the severely anti-God/Christ D.C. Park Police refuse to allow any reference to God on any monument not already in existence. They have routinely attempted to remove all references to God or Christ from existing monuments, as early as the late 1970s. They regularly arrest anyone singing any sort of religious song anywhere in public within a mile of capitol hill.

I know this for a fact, as I've seen arrest reports, and experienced an arrest threat from Park Police within 20 seconds of beginning such a song, even though we were well away (out of earshot) of any monument. Date: 1978.
    Last edited by since9; 05-21-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.