• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this correct

ps1mhd

If it is just one more step to a GODless country.

Had this sent to me.

(The new World War II Memorial in Washington , DC .

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor :

'Yesterday, December 7, 1941--a date which will live in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.'

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph.'

But as she read, she was suddenly turned angry. 'Wait a minute,' she said, 'they left out the end of the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with 'so help us God.'

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away.

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself, 'Well, it has been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.'

But she had not forgotten. She was right.. )

Mike

OldCurlyWolf

If it is just one more step to a GODless country.

Had this sent to me.

(The new World War II Memorial in Washington , DC .

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to announce the attack on Pearl Harbor :

'Yesterday, December 7, 1941--a date which will live in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.'

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph.'

But as she read, she was suddenly turned angry. 'Wait a minute,' she said, 'they left out the end of the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt ended the message with 'so help us God.'

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two looked dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away.

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself, 'Well, it has been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.'

But she had not forgotten. She was right.. )

Mike

I have heard that soliloquy more than once. As recorded when FDR gave that speech.

She did not forget.

:mad:

ps1mhd

Under which administration was this project originally commissioned?
Who approved the final draft or design of the monument?

Clinton or maybe Bush
I would say someone in the parks dept. OKed the design.
Its not that old.

Mike

since9

Campaign Veteran
Under which administration was this project originally commissioned?
Who approved the final draft or design of the monument?

Immaterial. The issue is that this is a clear case of revisionist history, where the severely anti-God/Christ D.C. Park Police refuse to allow any reference to God on any monument not already in existence. They have routinely attempted to remove all references to God or Christ from existing monuments, as early as the late 1970s. They regularly arrest anyone singing any sort of religious song anywhere in public within a mile of capitol hill.

I know this for a fact, as I've seen arrest reports, and experienced an arrest threat from Park Police within 20 seconds of beginning such a song, even though we were well away (out of earshot) of any monument. Date: 1978.

Last edited: