• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Piers Morgan: "But, actually,*this is vaguely tyrannical behavior"

Adams182

Pinch me... Did hell freeze over?

Now – after learning of the Obama administration’s involvement in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups and its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records – the CNN host admitted to guest Penn Jillette that perhaps gun advocates were right about creeping tyranny after all:

“I’ve had some of the pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them,” Morgan said. “I said, ‘Don’t be ridiculous! Your government won’t turn itself on you. …

“But, actually,*this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by*the American government.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/05/piers-morgan-now-i-see-u-s-government-tyranny/#cS1xE0c7KppePl2S.99

davidmcbeth

Banned
Penn is always calm when people are agreeing with him .... see him where they don't and he can go off sometimes ...

And Morgan is from the UK ... he thinks they don't live in an oppressive society? Pleeease.

I don't care what the guy says.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Pinch me... Did hell freeze over?

Must have. I can't feel it when I pinch myself, either.

Piers isn't stupid. He's just coming from a very warped and brain-washed background. It takes a while for those types to thaw out.

If he ever comes all the way around, his network will drop him like a hot potato.

mikeyb

Penn is always calm when people are agreeing with him .... see him where they don't and he can go off sometimes ...

Penn is pretty well versed in his arguments. He posted a video years ago about a conversation with a religious man who actually talked with Penn, rather than talking to him. Penn isn't religious, but was respectful to how the man presented himself.