• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is your opinion on this?

stealthyeliminator

The bottom line is that in this video the police officer stopped the man because he was pissed off, not because he was concerned for his own safety. Do people taunt police? Yeah, sure. But guess what, this thread is about this single video, and in this single video that isn't the case. I agree that it was a mistake to walk up that close during the stop, but he immediately backed up when asked, obviously making no threatening moves. Cop should have just let it go and gotten back to his racketeering.

Gunslinger

Yes some police do deliberately go out to entrap people to get them to commit a crime to raise their arrest and conviction rates. But if this is done in parts of the country or parts of a state where criminals are abusing the citizens, I say good for them... get as many of those arrests and convictions as you can to shine the light of truth on the dark side of "criminals."

Not.

You're joking, of course.

eye95

Yes some people do deliberately go out to taunt police to get a bit of a rise so they can put their videos on youtube. But if this is done in parts of the country or parts of a state where the police are acting outside of the law and abusing the rights of citizens, I say good for them... get as many of those videos as you can to shine the light of truth on the dark side of "law enforcement"...

Yes some police do deliberately go out to entrap people to get them to commit a crime to raise their arrest and conviction rates. But if this is done in parts of the country or parts of a state where criminals are abusing the citizens, I say good for them... get as many of those arrests and convictions as you can to shine the light of truth on the dark side of "criminals."

Not.

Context.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
My comments were prompted by the observation that "They taunt cops, without breaking the law." I am pointing out that such is just as reprehensible as LEOs using entrapment.

Why can't you taunt? "I fart in your general direction."

Reprehensible ? Pretty strong words... you want to have a law against it?

I don't care about people taunting cops....freedom of speech ya know.

Logan 5

I guess if the first cop feels so insecure about "his" stop, then he oughta find another job. being a cop doesn't man just writing tickets every chance you get, it means effectively and appropriately communicating with the public in a positive manner.