• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 23 - North Tulsa couple carrying handgunsopenly every day

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...g-firearms-openly/5xMtDSWc9Ee6t00zjNlcyA.cspx

SNIP

You don't see many people in Tulsa carrying weapons openly but one couple in North Tulsa tell FOX23 that it is their right and a necessity.

Marianna and Michael Lish say that they decided to take advantage of the Open Carry law when it went into effect in November in Oklahoma.

"I loved the idea," said Michael. He tells FOX23 that his handgun is in his hip holster from the time he wakes up until he goes to sleep.

. . .

XD40sc

Open carry permit :shocker: and they wear it around their neck :eek:

Robert318

. Can I open carry in Okla. with just my Missouri CCW?

VERSION 2 (as amended by Laws 2012, SB 1733, c. 259, § 44, eff. November 1, 2012)
The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.
Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

Texas Tony

Awsome story, I open carry when i can. I get nothing but positive comments from everybody,from soldiers,police, citizens, store clerks etc. Totally awsome so far.

Bullbuster

Other than at an OC GT the only other place I have seen someone OC is at my day job place of work (Lumber 2 Home and Ranch in OKC (Sooner/240)). I have had about a dozen customers come in OC'ing. We are a very gun friendly place. One of my OKCPD friends has only seen but a couple OC not including me.

Not sure what to make of the permit around the neck but hey to earth his own.

Glock 1st fan

Well I taught a class where I was discussing firearms and I was on the range. One of the students told me I was the first open carrier she saw. Go figure. I was on the range!

pierceddwes

I have been carrying for around 3 months now and saw my first open carry about 3 days ago. I open carry all the time because I feel comfortable in my radius of 3 miles that I travel in around my home. I have been met with uneasy snears and people that want to avoid me. I don't mind the avoiding part to much I wouldn't want those people around me in the first place but when people think they can just walk up to me and tell me about my freedoms and rights and what I should be doing they crossed a line. They probably think im 16 from my appearance and have a gun, but im 24.