• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Physical appearance and OC

DrakeZ07

*snippers*

I can't imagine tactikewl boots as comfortable. On any given day I wear sneakers, most times those slip on canvas sneakers, or flip flops, my wife too. Those are comfortable.

I dunno d00d, I had a pair of combat boots that my Ex-BF gave me from the quatermaster supply when he worked at the army depot, those was kinda comfy, not like, soft or anything, but the ankle and arch support worked wonders on my feet!

Ever try Skele-toes? those are awesome, except if your walking on gravel.

WalkingWolf

I dunno d00d, I had a pair of combat boots that my Ex-BF gave me from the quatermaster supply when he worked at the army depot, those was kinda comfy, not like, soft or anything, but the ankle and arch support worked wonders on my feet!

Ever try Skele-toes? those are awesome, except if your walking on gravel.

As much as I like leather gear, I don't like it on my feet, some leather boots are more comfortable than others. But if it was safe I would walk around barefoot. Flip Flops are as close as it gets, but a person still has to be careful not to step on a nail or glass with them. I spent so many years spending all day in dress shoes that I could care less if I ever wear them again, let alone boots. But then everybody is different. I detest polo shirts, sorta compromise between a t shirt and a button down shirt. I prefer button down shirts, and I prefer blue jeans over dockers, but then you can't wear blue jeans in court, then it is sport coat and dress pants. But I do see people who wear polo shirts and dockers to court, and even shorts. There used to be a judge in Monroe county that would fine for t shirts or shorts in court.

Outside of court there are no rules to dress for OC. The antis only care there is a gun in their presence, the pro gun just are happy to see a individual carrying. Those who don't care, just don't care, and live and let live.

No I never tried skeletoes, but then I also find dive shoes comfortable, or even deck shoes. Skeletoes look like dive shoes, at least to me.

Last edited:

F350

In my late teens through mid-20's, I had a good friend named Fred. He drove a beat up old 4 cylinder Fox body Mustang. He had long hair. He wore shabby clothes. A stiff wind could've carried him away.

He also had about 4 million dollars (yes, I verified this).

Why did he dress like that and drive what he did? That money was inherited, and he simply did not want to change who he was, or attract people simply for what he had.

Moral of the story: Suit and tie or jeans and a T-shirt, you never know who's wearing the clothes. OC does help to clarify things, though.

When I was installing/maintaining telephone systems we had the contract to service Walmart/Sam's Clubs in central/southern Indiana; I had the pleasure of meeting Sam Walton several times, just an 'ole country boy in jeans, boots, flannel shirt and driving a non descript pick-up.

KySIGGuy

When I was installing/maintaining telephone systems we had the contract to service Walmart/Sam's Clubs in central/southern Indiana; I had the pleasure of meeting Sam Walton several times, just an 'ole country boy in jeans, boots, flannel shirt and driving a non descript pick-up.

Despite the fact that Sam Walton created a monster that has essentially destroyed 'mom and pop' stores, the one thing I will give him credit for is maintaining his roots. He was a good ol' boy from Arkansas and he never forgot it.