• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Do I Call?

JediWithASniper

I want to talk to someone who has some power to reeducate the public on firearms laws. Who do I call? Do I call my district rep? Or do I call the mayor's office? I imagine its hopeless. I am very frustrated by all the misinformation out there right now on where carry is legal. What are we doing in terms of legislation to deal with this crap of where carry is unlawful? Who do I call to get a bill sponsored? I don't know the first thing about getting a bill started, and we need one similar to virginia, or texas, where the staff of a store has no authority to make you leave because of carry. This is irritating the living daylights out of me, and I'm about fed up with these people that are ignorant.

Glock 1st fan

I want to talk to someone who has some power to reeducate the public on firearms laws. Who do I call? Do I call my district rep? Or do I call the mayor's office? I imagine its hopeless. I am very frustrated by all the misinformation out there right now on where carry is legal. What are we doing in terms of legislation to deal with this crap of where carry is unlawful? Who do I call to get a bill sponsored? I don't know the first thing about getting a bill started, and we need one similar to virginia, or texas, where the staff of a store has no authority to make you leave because of carry. This is irritating the living daylights out of me, and I'm about fed up with these people that are ignorant.

Well you have to look at it like this and please dont think I am defending anyone because its not my intent. But a business is ran by an individual the same as you are the one running your home. You may for example have a daughter and not allow boys over when your not there (I know I would if I had a daughter) or you may choose to have no smoking permitted inside your home for personal reasons. Its the same for businesses. It is a shame they are missing out on the potential to learn about firearms and even have a much less likely hood of robberies but they choose to run their business the way they see fit.

Again not to take sides but simply point out the reasoning of the law.

Gary S

First thing, take a breath. Ok I for one carry not only my Firearm but also a full copy of the Oklahoma SDA. Also a good thing to carry are pamphlets you can get from www.okoca.org . And when you approach a business that has a no gun sign, hand them a card that explains what there sign means and post on here what business it is. You always have to approach this carefully and calmly. There are things that have been talked about that were put in a bill. We are not just sitting back watching. But if we approach things hot headed and irrational we will succeed in turning turning away that one person who may not be educated or fully knows the truth. That's what this organization is about to help educate those uneducated about the right and wrong of our laws. Also please join us at our lunches when we have them we can also discuss these issues there as well.

Frank B

It is no certain person or persons responsibility to educate the public. As members of the organization, it is our responsibility to educate ourselves with the correct information and then in turn it is our responsibility to educate the public. It is a business owners right to allow or not allow guns in their businesses. There is noting that requires the owner to be on site at all times to enforce his policy. I could find nothing that requires signage on the door; being notified is sufficient. We should respond to any request to leave the premise calmly and civilly when asked to so. Any confrontation could wind up with a charge of trespass. If unsure how to respond, any director of the organization would probably be glad to discuss it with you.