Thread: An email from a Congressman (not mine)

Fairborn, Ohio, USA

An email from a Congressman (not mine)

What do you think of some of the points he makes in his email?

Dear patriot,

The United Nationsí so-called ďArms Trade TreatyĒ makes me sick!

Iím Congressman Steve Stockman, and this UN Gun Grab is the biggest threat to gun owners in decades.

It requires an international license to own a gun.

It requires registration of all guns worldwide.

It bans all transfers of semi-automatic firearms

It even requires the confiscation and destruction of any gun not approved by the UN.

Your gun.

Right now anti-gun and global lobbyists are infesting the halls of the Capitol, twisting arms and offering favors in exchange for the U.S. ratifying this gun-grabbing atrocity.

Obama is 100% on board and using every corrupt tool in his arsenal to approve it.

When international forces threaten American sovereignty and freedom, real Americans fight back!

I know youíre a real American, fighting for the rights of every man.

I hope you will join me.

And we must fight the UN Gun Ban without fear and without mercy.

Courage is the thing that keeps us free.

Working with my friend Senator Rand Paul Iíve introduced legislation to overturn Obamaís anti-gun Executive Orders. (HR 410)

Iíve also introduced legislation to:

>> Repeal deadly, failed, ďGun Free School Zones.Ē (HR 35)

>> Protect veterans from having their guns confiscated simply because they talked to a counselor about their wartime experiences. (HR 577)

But this UN Gun Grab is an entirely different threat.

Thatís why I introduced HR 575, The Second Amendment Protection Act, which states Congress must not approve any treaty that threatens the Second Amendment.

But it wonít pass unless Americans rise up and demand it.

That means putting together an aggressive grassroots campaign to alert patriots and blow the whistle on the UN Gun Grab.

Youíd be stunned how many patriots have no idea this is happening.

Help me raise a grassroots army and stop the UN Gun Grab.

All I ask of you right now is to please go here and chip in $10 or more to help me alert and organize patriots.

This UN Gun Grab is much worse than anything Clinton ever did.

I will fight it as hard as I can.

But I need you with me.

My Second Amendment Protection Act can stop the UN Gun Grab.

With courage and a unified patriot front, we can do this.

Please go here to chip in $10 or more to help me.

Warmest wishes,

Constitutional Republican from Texas

P.S. The United Nationsí so-called ďArms Trade TreatyĒ is an atrocity!

Thatís why I introduced HR 575, The Second Amendment Protection Act, which states Congress must not approve any treaty that threatens the Second Amendment.

But it wonít pass unless Americans rise up and demand it.

Help me alert patriots across the Republic and stuff this down Obamaís throat! I just need you to go here and chip in $10 or more to help me get it done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    In addition to his words. The UN has been doing this for a long time, their position and laws do not affect government and their peons, it disarms civilians.

In '93 they successfully disarmed the civilian population of Rwanda, in '94 the Hutu's went on a government backed massacre spree, killing and maiming civilians, why were people seemingly easily able to chop off arms with only machetes? Because right behind these murdering, maiming jack-holes were armed government military/police thugs.

The UN military leader had asked to after the governments stash of arms before these massacres, the UN told him no, even though they had used him to disarm the civilians.........he later committed suicide.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Greater Eastside Washington
    It's a non-issue.

Even if passed by our corrupt Congresscritters, it could have no direct effect on our citizens. The only problems I could see are importing foreign made guns.

I guess some manufacturers would have to set up manufacturing plants here in the states to avoid those international regulations.

Does no one study the constitution any more?
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 05-22-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Nampa, Idaho, USA
    I got the same email. I think it came from NAGR. Not sure.

Fountain CO
    For anyone interested, the full text can be found at

Will need to go down to page 22 for the English section. Pay attention to Article 12, para 3. Any question as to who the end user may be?

Already mailed my senators. No reply as yet.
    Last edited by shaun; 05-30-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling