Thread: Flying into seatac

Flying into seatac

This will be my first time flying with a firearm as I usually drive. Am I correct in understanding my gun case won't come out with the normal luggage and I will have to go somewhere else to get it? Just wondering where exactly I would go to retrieve it at seatac? I don't see this information listed anywhere and don't want to end up having no idea where to go retrieve my case upon arrival. Just trying to make this as pain free as possible so i'm not super late getting my rental car Thanks.

What type of gun? Long gun in separate case or pistol? Pack your pistol in your regular checked bag, and it will come out with the regular luggage.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Each airline has a baggage customer service desk near their baggage pick-up belts. Should be as simple as handing your claim check to an airline baggage agent and them retrieving it from the back. (Unless it's packed in a regular suitcase as mentioned above.)
    Last edited by deanf; 05-19-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Ok Thanks. I'll be using a pelican 1450 case. I won't have room for it in my suitcase.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    My pistol has been in my luggage. When I fly it is the only luggage that gets the lock the lock TSA can't open, and has a separate inspection. Other than that everything else was the same.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

here's a 7 page PDF I created for flying with a firearm. It covers the ATF / TSA / and all the major airlines rules and regs

www.washingtongunrights.com/ocdo/FWAF.pdf

Flying into seatac

This is a useful guide, with handy airline reviews.

http://deviating.net/firearms/packing/

My pelican case has arrived and it looks like it will fit inside my suitcase with my clothes/toiletries and such. So I can avoid the extra baggage fee. Thanks for the info guys.

I flew out of SEATAC in early March, checked my EDC. No issues on the check-in, but a word of warning, if you are doing a red-eye flight, the airline and the TSA baggage part closed at midnight and I almost ended up sitting in the closed outer concourse waiting for 5am for them to open again. They were very willing to deal with the firearm, but they were certainly NOT going to miss their end of shift on my account.