• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The UnMarch on DC

WalkingWolf

30 round mag is illegal in DC also, unless you are David Gregory. How many access roads to DC are there, drive to every access road, get out of the cars armed on the border, and shut down DC. No traffic in, no traffic out. Make speeches for about a hour then let the government tards have their city back.

Lord Sega

There is a thread for discussing that march. This thread is for discussing an alternative.

Understood, just had to make my 2 cents about his before going into my alternative suggestions.
I still think, armed according to the law on this side, marching up to the line w/o entering DC & mooning any "greeters", and returning for BBQ is a good alternate scenario.
This assumes no attempts to arrest or rounds fired across the "DMZ" border line in the center of the bridge.

eye95

Understood, just had to make my 2 cents about his before going into my alternative suggestions.
I still think, armed according to the law on this side, marching up to the line w/o entering DC & mooning any "greeters", and returning for BBQ is a good alternate scenario.
This assumes no attempts to arrest or rounds fired across the "DMZ" border line in the center of the bridge.

It would be legal, except possibly the mooning part. Showing my particular ass (not necessarily asses in general) has GOT to be illegal in 37 States.

Lord Sega

Exactlly... nobody would want to see any of our backsides, but with that
(heh, said but) could DC cross the line to ticket/arrest the mooning protesters???

Jurisdiction... how would that be handled, legally?

And if they did cross the border and arrest for indecent exposure...
(Portland, OR recently ruled legal 1A for stripping to the buff at a TSA checkpoint),
when taking the arrestee across the border, then they are bringing the arms into DC.

Legal beagle's thoughts?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

There's your problem in a nutshell. There is no way to legally transport firearms into DC (unless yu are a DC resident, have jumped through all the hoops, and have the necessary paperwork).

I'm going to throw out a fairly screwball idea: On a certain day an unexplained coincidence takes place in which a number of persons, all acting on individual initiative and not in concert with any other person or group, takes a walk from Long Bridge Park in Virginia to the foot/bike path of the George Washingtom Parkway in DC, then to Washington Blvd in Virginia, then down Boundary Channel Drive back to the starting point. In Virginia loaded firearms can legally be open carried[SUP]1[/SUP]. At the DC border all firearms and ammo are unloaded and placed in locked containers, as per FOPA. Firearms are then carried, per FOPA[SUP]2[/SUP], through DC[SUP]3[/SUP] to the Virginia border where they can legally be removed from the locked containers, loaded, and openly carried again.

Please try to punch holes in this. If you do not like my "unorganized" hypothesis, then let's get a permit from NPS for a group walk on the GW Parkway, and from Arlington County for the hike back to Long Bridge Park along the public sidewalk. Admittedly at that point there would have to be a "person in charge" which takes some of the fun out of things.

stay safe.

[SUP]1[/SUP] - see http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.4 A firearm would be illegal (loaded or unloaded) unless the person carrying it had a concealed handgun permit. (Case law does not address if a concealed carry license/permit from another state would be valid. caveat emptor and all that.)

[SUP]2[/SUP] - FOPA provides that persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas), provided that the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, that the firearms are unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, the firearms are located in a locked container.

[SUP]3[/SUP] - As participants would be walking, there would be no way to place the locked container in a trunk or any other part of a vehicle. Let the DC police scratch their heads about that.

+1 I think Skid has the ticket with this idea. Please think it over and give your input/idea's

sudden valley gunner

There is no such thing as a unconstitutional law, it is either constitutional or it is void, whether the court has ruled it unconstitutional or not.

I agree, although I do see what Eye's point was.

I have used unconstitutional a lot.....may have to change that to a non existent law....or something to that effect.....going to dwell on that.

It has been proposed that an alternative to Kokesh's "armed revolt" be staged in protest of DC's gun ban.

This thread is to spitball ideas and form a grassroots movement to organize such a rally. I only have two requirements:

1. No one is in charge. This must be grassroots.
2. We must collectively decide not to deliberately break any laws--not even unconstitutional ones.

Feel free to ignore my requirements. That is the nature of grassroots. I just won't participate if laws are to be broken or a Kokesh-wannabe takes over.

Start spitballin"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Eye, I do believe you are offering another option, that many more people would feel comfortable with. I know we disagree on the personal perspective points of Adam's march, I do think that all protests including this idea that show dissatisfaction with the tyrannical facets of our government are good! And I would be interested, another poster here and I have discussed maybe protesting outside the local Federally owned government offices, just making sure we don't go onto gov. property.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'd like to organize a flash mob. I'm pretty sure I know where all the DC cops are going to be on July 4.

JmE

As long as this protest remains "and alternative" and is NOT going to be about denouncement of the other march and/or Kokesh, then I'd switch over to this one. Basically, "We don't agree with their chosen method but we can empathize with the reasons they feel they needed to do something." I really like Skidmark's suggestion. It's well thought out and seems like it could be effective.

* My transportation and housing is already planned with a buddy so me switching over for a protest on the same day would be logistically easy for me.

palerider116

What if we carry those wooden rifles that are cut from a piece of wood and are left unpainted so there is no mistaking it to be a real rifle?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Marching armed along the banks of the Potomac in Virginia is an alternative.

It's been done. With spectacularly abysmal results.

Legally we cannot bring firearms into DC. That's a given. So how do we make the point that DC's gun laws are both rediculous and onerous? How do we do it while remaining completely lawful? How do we do it so that if (OK, when) we are arrested we have the best chance of beating the charge(s)?

stay safe.

eye95

Legally we cannot bring firearms into DC. That's a given. So how do we make the point that DC's gun laws are both rediculous and onerous? How do we do it while remaining completely lawful? How do we do it so that if (OK, when) we are arrested we have the best chance of beating the charge(s)?

stay safe.

Your idea has the best shot at doing that. I know the law was designed for transporting firearms through interstate travel from one place where a person may possess them to another place where he may possess them. How would this work if the person were afoot?

Freedom First

stay safe.

Why are we only looking at DC? Nearly every city of note in America has a cube-filled federal structure of some sort. All are subject to the same basic restrictions as DC. Could FPS keep up with 100+ OC rallies across the nation, all functioning under the same premise as Kokesh's? Enter unless stopped?

I know folks who would go to DC if they could afford the trip. It's better than sitting by waiting on legislators, lawyers and judges as .gov busily tightens the screws for another year. Push back is inevitable, so why wait?

Just a rhetorical question.

eye95

I don't know why others are, but I am looking at DC to provide a counter-point to Kokesh's illegal march. I'd like Americans to know that not all 2A advocates will so cavalierly break gun laws, but will instead highlight their stupidity in an effort to change them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

I believe the harm to 2A is mentally ill nutcases who fantasize about shooting people, until one day they fulfill their fantasy. Our greatest challenges in the last couple of years have come from these lunatics. We should never take talk of shooting people lightly, the result of that is people like Jarrod Laughner. Jarrod, Adam Lanza, James Holmes have done more damage then Kokesh ever could do. Anytime a person makes such statements they should be evaluated and locked up if they are loony tunes, until they are safe, if ever.