• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's a "DUH!" moment - don't leave your gun in your car

ron73440

Notice they didn't say it's an actual problem, just a potential one.

They should also do a story on expensive stereos leading to break ins.

Except that wouldn't have the "GUNS!! GUNS!! GUNS!!" angle they love to push.

sudden valley gunner

Notice they didn't say it's an actual problem, just a potential one.

They should also do a story on expensive stereos leading to break ins.

Except that wouldn't have the "GUNS!! GUNS!! GUNS!!" angle they love to push.

+1 The ridiculous idea of blaming the victim has always bugged me. If I remember right there is a large city here in Washington that made it illegal to warm up your car on a cold winter morning because it was too tempting to car thieves.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

XD40sc

The stupidity of people continues to stun me.

Every year during chistmas shopping we repeatedly hear "don't leave your packages in view inside your car at the mall parking lot" followed by numerous reports of people breaking into cars at the mall to steal stuff that was in plain sight. You just can't fix stupid.

If I have to leave my gun in the car where there is any security concerns, I field strip and stick the barrel in my pocket.

sharkey

If I can't leave my gun in my car then I can't carry.

I can't take it into work or most restaurants here.

I also imagine even carrying part of it into work would be considered the same as taking the whole thing in,

since9

Campaign Veteran
If I can't OC in a restaurant, I don't reward that restaurant with my business.

There have been a couple of times I'm forced to go somewhere I can't carry at all, either OC or CC, such as for jury duty and beyond the security gates at airports. In those cases I leave it at home.

I NEVER lock it in my car! The best car alarm in the world will not stop a smash and grab.

Except perhaps this car alarm... :)

[video=youtube_share;OmpBYcM06Sk]http://youtu.be/OmpBYcM06Sk[/video]

XD40sc

Hope you like McDonalds, because if you come to NC, that about the only 'restaurant' you can carry in. The law here is if they sell any alcoholic beverage, concealed carry is not permitted. Since just about every place except the fast food chains sell at least beer, your choices will be slim.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hope you like McDonalds, because if you come to NC, that about the only 'restaurant' you can carry in. The law here is if they sell any alcoholic beverage, concealed carry is not permitted. Since just about every place except the fast food chains sell at least beer, your choices will be slim.

I'm sorry to hear of your plight!

Thankfully, I live in Colorado, where both OC and CC into an establishment that serves liquor, even a pure bar, is perfectly legal. Restaurants -- no problem. I eat out all the time and have yet to be turned away.

Despite the recent collective aneurysm in our capitol, we're working hard to oust 'em and overturn the recent legislation on Constitutional grounds. 54 of 64 of our state's sheriffs have joined the effort, if they're not actually leading the way.

Article.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Cheer up! Legislation is i front of your governor for signature that would allow carry in places that serve alcohol. It looks good for getting signed.

And I thought we wee talking about OC here, not CC. (Yes, I know in NC it makes no difference - for right now.)

stay safe.

sharkey

Same here in AZ, without a permit.

ETA, you can not open carry in a place that serves alcohol here. CC with permit only assuming no gunbuster sign. And almost every restaurant that serves booze has a sign.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

On another note, your neighboring state to the South looks like it may allow CC in bars and restaurants. Article. I don't like some of the restrictions, but do you think SC may follow suit?

Jared

http://www.kspr.com/news/kspr-cops-...ave-guns-in-vehicles-20130516,0,1215074.story

I can see someone in a rural area not locking the car, or leaving a gun in the car on her own land.
But in the city???

They have a point, but these same police unions should also "advise" the legislature to repeal places off limits to minimize people leaving guns in cars.

I've left a gun in my car from time to time, but I don't have any gun bumper stickers on my car or anything of that nature.

It's a tough call though, I don't like leaving a gun in my car but sometimes when I run quick errands about town, I don't feel like dressing for concealed carry and it's just convenient to have a gun in the car.

If I lived in a bad areas I would definitely not leave a gun in the car, but it's still a personal choice.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
They have a point, but these same police unions should also "advise" the legislature to repeal places off limits to minimize people leaving guns in cars.

+1 BRAVO ! Flawless logic. They won't get it, I'm sure. And how does this thought increase their pensions???

Wait until obamalama care starts affecting cops and their unions ...

XD40sc

Cheer up! Legislation is i front of your governor for signature that would allow carry in places that serve alcohol. It looks good for getting signed.

And I thought we wee talking about OC here, not CC. (Yes, I know in NC it makes no difference - for right now.)

stay safe.

No, not even close to his desk, it's just collecting dust in the Senate rules committee with no action for several weeks after being passed from the House. The chair of the rules committee is the guy that screwed restaurant carry last year, so this is far from happening.

And our gov, he is 100% pure non-committal bought an paid for politician. He could veto it, sign it, or not sign and let it become law. I suspect he will have to call his fat cat supporters to get his instructions, if it ever gets to his desk.

Everyone 'thinks' because he is a republican he would be a pro-gun, and the NRA has rated him high, based on absolutely nothing. He has not stated his position, pro or con, he has never dealt with any gun legislation as mayor of Charlotte, he apparently refused to complete the NRA questionnaire. His only statement regarding firearms is "I think we have enough gun laws".

NC politics is as corrupt and ineffective as Chicago politics, the "old boy" system is alive and well and you would think that they all suffer some form of palsy with all the "wink wink" and "nudge nudge" that is going on.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

We NEVER go to McDonalds. There are plenty of restaurant that do not serve alcohol, we eat at IHOP in Spring Lake, Brass Kettle in Sanford, plus there are several Mexican restaurants that do not serve alcohol. Even with the upcoming change it is unlawful to drink and CC, most CCers I know have long carried in ALL restaurants, the change is all a bunch of hoopla to bit by bit outlaw OC, or only allow it with a permit. US V Black paved the way to conceal carry just about anywhere as long as it is done properly. No acts to bring attention, and there is no RAS.

WalkingWolf

There have been a couple of times I'm forced to go somewhere I can't carry at all, either OC or CC, such as for jury duty and beyond the security gates at airports. In those cases I leave it at home.

I NEVER lock it in my car! The best car alarm in the world will not stop a smash and grab.

Except perhaps this car alarm... :)

[video=youtube_share;OmpBYcM06Sk]http://youtu.be/OmpBYcM06Sk[/video]
I OC everywhere, even in Pizza Hut which serves alcohol, I just have to adjust what I OC.