• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on "No Concealed firearms allowed signs"

Kromwell

Ok... local AMC theater has "Concealed Firearms not allowed on premises' signs posted at the entrance. Sign meets state requirements..

What I was wondering, since they dont allow Conceal Carry...does this effect the ability to Open carry? Thoughts/comments?

Kromwell

Decided to call and ask about Open Carry. They were open, honest and listened.. They do not allow carry of any sorts. They have no security on-site, and rely on the local PD to protect them. The manager Nichole made mention of some new 'alarm system', but absolutely nothing on-site to protect their patrons should something happen. I made sure to go to the corporate site and left them this feedback:

"I am very disappointed, with AMC theaters, and their policy against Lawfully licensed Conceal Carry Weapons permit holders.
My local theater has a "Concealed Firearms are not allowed on premises' signs posted at the entrance. I spoke with Nichole the manager on duty, and was informed that this is corporate policy. From what she said, there are alarms on-site, but no security personnel, and any issues would be addressed by the local Police Department.
Its disappointing that law abiding citizens are prevented from protecting themselves and their loved ones when visiting your establishment, especially if a situation were to arise and seconds count, and we have to rely on the Police who may be minutes away. I hope AMC is aware they are responsible for our safety when on-site, and are liable should anything happen while we are there. Gun free zones only benefit criminals, not law abiding citizens. I will make sure to spread the word to CCW holders we are not welcome."

Remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes ago. This definitely applies to the AMC theater in Dubuque on the upper North edge of town, and the Police Station only 20 minutes away.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

Decided to call and ask about Open Carry. They were open, honest and listened.. They do not allow carry of any sorts. They have no security on-site, and rely on the local PD to protect them. The manager Nichole made mention of some new 'alarm system', but absolutely nothing on-site to protect their patrons should something happen. I made sure to go to the corporate site and left them this feedback:

"I am very disappointed, with AMC theaters, and their policy against Lawfully licensed Conceal Carry Weapons permit holders.
My local theater has a "Concealed Firearms are not allowed on premises' signs posted at the entrance. I spoke with Nichole the manager on duty, and was informed that this is corporate policy. From what she said, there are alarms on-site, but no security personnel, and any issues would be addressed by the local Police Department.
Its disappointing that law abiding citizens are prevented from protecting themselves and their loved ones when visiting your establishment, especially if a situation were to arise and seconds count, and we have to rely on the Police who may be minutes away. I hope AMC is aware they are responsible for our safety when on-site, and are liable should anything happen while we are there. Gun free zones only benefit criminals, not law abiding citizens. I will make sure to spread the word to CCW holders we are not welcome."

Remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes ago. This definitely applies to the AMC theater in Dubuque on the upper North edge of town, and the Police Station only 20 minutes away.

That sign must be made of bad guy repellant. Four words: Dont ask. Dont tell. The most they can do is trespass you. But as with most movie theaters, I do my best to not provide business to them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
That sign must be made of bad guy repellant. Four words: Dont ask. Dont tell. The most they can do is trespass you. But as with most movie theaters, I do my best to not provide business to them.

They show enough movies with guns .... show only movies w/o any violence ....