Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 164

Thread: South Kitsap Anniversary 7/13

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    South Kitsap Anniversary 7/13

    The date was July 13, 2008. There had been talk of an OC picnic at Long Lake park in
    Kitsap County.
    There was also talk among the younger Kitsap County Deputies that they would have a
    field day disarming and arresting OCers at the picnic.

    With help in the background and from forum members, FOIA requests were sent, and
    documents received. The end result was a well attended picnic, with no negative
    contacts, PERIOD.
    There were 2 Deputies that occasionally stopped by, visited and left with a good
    impression. IRRC they even had a burger with us.

    The time has come to do this again. Kitsap County and Port Orchard are both OC friendly,
    and we intend to make the best of it.

    DATE: July 13, 2013
    Time: 11:00 am 3:00pm ( setup will start at 10:00am)
    Location: Kitsap County Park located at Jackson and Lund in Port Orchard. Enter the park
    from the Jackson street entrance.
    The OpenCarry.Org Table and banner will be prominently displayed, courtesy of M1Gunnr
    There is a small covered area that will be reserved for our use,
    A NEW and well equipped play area for the kids,
    basketball hoops, and for a short 2 minute walk, horseshoe pits.
    If you have horseshoes, bring them.
    Tables and grills are in short supply so if you have one you might want to bring it by.
    Food, Drinks, chairs are BYO. If you want to bring something for a potluck that would be
    nice, in the event park goers stop by to see what is the occasion.
    Port Orchard Mayor, Tim Matthis, will be invited as well as members of POPD. Mayor
    Matthis is an OC supporter and has attended past meetings. POPD is cool with OC.
    Media will be contacted at the appropriate time.

    Make your plans and keep watch for additional information as it becomes available.

    There are only 3 reason to not be there:
    1. Family emergency (the ONLY acceptable reason)
    2. In jail
    3. Just do not want to come.

    So, if you are not going to be there, nobody is interested in your excuses, as we will know why.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-20-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: added date to title

  2. #2
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Some info for picnic shelters, and location:
    http://www.kitsapgov.com/parks/Parks...unity_park.htm
    SE Macbeth is the access street off Jackson.

    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jacks...en&sa=N&tab=wl
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bremerton/Ellensburg
    Posts
    50
    I will be sure to put in vacation time for this event! Hope to meet everyone soon!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Please make this a sticky

  5. #5
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593
    Sounds like lots of fun, hopefully wife can make it, I will still be in Virgina at that time.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    694
    I see that that is the same day that the Kitsap Live Steamers will be giving rides to the public.
    All the more reason to go.

    http://www.kitsaplivesteamers.org/
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    I see that that is the same day that the Kitsap Live Steamers will be giving rides to the public.
    All the more reason to go.

    http://www.kitsaplivesteamers.org/
    YES, and they are about 75 80 yards away from the covered area where we will be.

  8. #8
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Anyone given any thought to food?

    I'm a reasonably good cook. I can whip up just about anything...

    but if we have a BBQ style motif going I have some frozen ham hocks from Farmer George, I can make some baked beans in a slow cooker.

    I also am on some other forums that are gun related with Washington members, want me to post on those?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    OK Eric, go ahead but DO NOT change any of the wording. It is already on WaGuns.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    There are only 3 reason to not be there:
    1. Family emergency (the ONLY acceptable reason)
    2. In jail
    3. Just do not want to come.

    So, if you are not going to be there, nobody is interested in your excuses, as we will know why.
    Love that! Of course, I will be there!

  11. #11
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410
    The Park is now officially named South Kitsap Regional Park. Here is a link: http://tinyurl.com/oroxrfb

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897
    I should be able to make this one. Hopefully I'll be able to drag the wife out.

  13. #13
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    Considering I live directly across the street, shouldn't be any reason I am not there, even for a short while.

    Of course I have been saying that I am going to come to the oc meets in Port Orchard and I always end up working or side tracked.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Well, If you know your days off, Just call a date and time and we will see who shows up.

  15. #15
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    I created an event on the Open Carry Washington Facebook Page as well as a few other groups I am a member of.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/379298598846484/


    I also added a paragraph:
    Concealed carriers are welcome as are those who do not wish to carry. We do ask that long guns be left at home as this event is about the carrying of handguns in everyday activities. There will be NO handling of firearms at this event.


    (post 4k) whooo hoo look at me....
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 05-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    I just got off the phone with DEROS72. The annual Willow Lake Picnic, normally held in August, will be combined with the Port Orchard Anniversary Picnic. This will include everything that goes with Willow Lake and Port Orchard as well.
    This could and will be a B I G event.

  17. #17
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    I created an event on the Open Carry Washington Facebook Page as well as a few other groups I am a member of.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/379298598846484/


    I also added a paragraph:
    Concealed carriers are welcome as are those who do not wish to carry. We do ask that long guns be left at home as this event is about the carrying of handguns in everyday activities. There will be NO handling of firearms at this event.


    (post 4k) whooo hoo look at me....
    What? who do you think you are? what would the kitsap events be without a good muzzle sweep every so often.....

    EDIT it just occured to me Bill doesn't know the joke....

    EDIT #2 I did not add the link to the post, so i don't know what it goes to ebay
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 05-23-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What? who do you think you are? what would the kitsap events be without a good muzzle sweep every so often.....

    EDIT it just occured to me Bill doesn't know the joke....

    EDIT #2 I did not add the link to the post, so i don't know what it goes to ebay
    One more case of speaking before you know what is going on.

  19. #19
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    One more case of speaking before you know what is going on.
    what? what is there to know? I was making a joke of the fact that someone inadvertanly pointed a gun at me last meet-up... I'm well aware that happened.... I was there...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  20. #20
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I just got off the phone with DEROS72. The annual Willow Lake Picnic, normally held in August, will be combined with the Port Orchard Anniversary Picnic. This will include everything that goes with Willow Lake and Port Orchard as well.
    This could and will be a B I G event.

    As Jim Mentioned we have decided to combine this with the annual Willow Lake event.Many of you know I have done a gun give away at the past events (no cost) and this year will be no different.I have not decided yet on make and model but will announce that as we progress.Jim has asked me to contact the media and I will do so at the appropriate time as he mentioned. I will be meeting with trigger doc soon and we may have some other surprises in store.there will be other prizes there as well as I have done the past 6 years. so spread the word and make out there ,it's gonna be a good one.

  21. #21
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    As Jim Mentioned we have decided to combine this with the annual Willow Lake event.Many of you know I have done a gun give away at the past events (no cost) and this year will be no different.I have not decided yet on make and model but will announce that as we progress.Jim has asked me to contact the media and I will do so at the appropriate time as he mentioned. I will be meeting with trigger doc soon and we may have some other surprises in store.there will be other prizes there as well as I have done the past 6 years. so spread the word and make out there ,it's gonna be a good one.
    Jim, and Trigger Dr Jim, I'd like to thank you two for aggreeing to combine this, it's going to be great to have an event that I don't have to drive 2 hours to

    I'd be glad to help out too in any way I can as I've already told Trigger Jim and Jetpilot....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  22. #22
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    I know several people from Waguns are coming from as far as Vancouver right now.

  23. #23
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    So this means Squeak is in charge of security, which makes him part of staff. Ergo he is ineligible for the raffle, right? I will donate zip ties so our actions can be tied open. Remember for the sake of the children they will not be allowed to attend for their safety. Also no gang colors, or shirts with pictures of scary black guns on them. After all I'm still trying to recover from the rally back in January at the Capitol.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 05-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    We have some very specific things in the works that could be compromised if not handled properly.
    There are members here that have talents that are specific to the tasks and you will be contacted and asked for YOUR assistance when the time comes.
    More information as it becomes available. Let's not muck it up with premature operations.
    Thanks All.
    PS This has nothing to do with Golddiggers sarcasam
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 05-24-2013 at 09:27 AM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    So this means Squeak is in charge of security, which makes him part of staff. Ergo he is ineligible for the raffle, right? I will donate zip ties so our actions can be tied open. Remember for the sake of the children they will not be allowed to attend for their safety. Also no gang colors, or shirts with pictures of scary black guns on them. After all I'm still trying to recover from the rally in back in January at the Capitol.
    Ah - the soft soothing glow of sarcasm - lol, almost had me goin there for a minute
    Last edited by Batousaii; 05-24-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •