• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Kitsap Anniversary 7/13

EMNofSeattle

Really???? you've been here long enough to know,,, there are NO accidental discharges,,, they are only Negligent discharges!!! You Have to REALLY screw the pooch to make your gun go off when it is not supposed to... I trust Jim,,, it don't matter what holster he wears, any more than it matters that I don't really wear a holster,,, my gun aint going to go off either,,, unless I decide to screw the pooch!!! Oh,,, and I just noticed,,,, my hammer is back!!

Accidental v. Negligent is hairsplitting over terminology, both mean the same thing.

I was making a dry joke based off of a handful of members who used to be on the forums telling everyone SERPA holsters were dangerous.

()pen(arry

Speaking of directions, if I'm coming from Edmonds, should I take the ferry to Kingston? What time do you think I should get in the ferry line to be there on time? I could also drive downtown and take the Bremerton ferry, but that seems like extra traffic. Anyone have any ferry advice?

[Jokes incoming in 3... 2... 1...]

EMNofSeattle

Speaking of directions, if I'm coming from Edmonds, should I take the ferry to Kingston? What time do you think I should get in the ferry line to be there on time? I could also drive downtown and take the Bremerton ferry, but that seems like extra traffic. Anyone have any ferry advice?

[Jokes incoming in 3... 2... 1...]

The Kingston Edmonds would be best for you under ideal circumstances, however weekends in summer that boat fills quick and lines are often backed up two boats behind from seattle liberals heading to the Olympic Natl Park. Morning on Saturday I'd recommend driving south to West Seattle and taking the little ferry to Southworth. For one the car toll is cheaper on the Fauntleroy boat, and it is generally uncrowded I'm private messaging you my cell number, if you need any specific advice on ferries, I highly recommend you give me a call since Im away from my house and I can't type well on my mobile device.

but i think your best bet is the West Seattle boat. I'd take the sailing at 9:45 in the AM. be there 15 minutes early. the boat will drop you off on the penninsula at 10:25 and it's about 15 minutes to the park from there. like I said, i'll help you with any information, but if you read this any time before 7:30 I recommend you call me at the phone number I PM'd you.

Last edited:

phoneguy

I will bring ice and drinks

I Don't have time to make food, but I hope a cooler of cold drinks will do.

Schlepnier

Ok guys I am planning on being there by 11, I will bring the south sound big green tub o' utencils (plates, napkins, etc...) and a cooler with some ice as well as a snacking item.

See you there.

P.S.
Remember the bridge toll is up to $5.25 now for those of us making the return trip.

EMNofSeattle

Ok guys I am planning on being there by 11, I will bring the south sound big green tub o' utencils (plates, napkins, etc...) and a cooler with some ice as well as a snacking item.

See you there.

P.S.
Remember the bridge toll is up to $5.25 now for those of us making the return trip.

If you're in Yelm taking WA-3 back may not be that many miles more and wont charge a toll

TechnoWeenie

Really???? you've been here long enough to know,,, there are NO accidental discharges,,, they are only Negligent discharges!!!

I have a nice gash in my thumb, and a hand with embedded shrapnel and unburned powder, that says otherwise.

I'd consider an out of battery discharge as 'accidental'...

EMNofSeattle

woo-hoo been up 20 hours and on my third cup of coffee in an hour!

well unfortunately my baked beans don't seem to be softening that great. i may have to buy storebought beans.....

I got another 5 hours to work with them though. so we'll see.

i'm now eager with anticipation, this is going to be great this late morning!

Trigger Dr

I read about this on WaGuns.org. I will be going tomorrow. It will be my first time open carrying.

WOO HOO we get to break in a VIRGIN...Just be relaxed,act normal, forget you are packing, BUT be aware of all around you.
It is 0718 and I am closing the 'puter and heading to the park to start setup.

XDNick9

Gonna pick up some dawgs and buns, and probably some cookies to share. Ill be there around 11. Can't stay very long going to seattle with family later. See you all soon