• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland OC/Firearm Education Walk Planned for CPD Gun Buyback Day!

NEOOpenCarry

Northeast Ohio Carry will be holding a firearm carry/education walk through downtown Cleveland on Saturday June 15th from 12:00pm-3:00pm. I will update a location to meet as soon as we have our route planned. We will allow any firearms at this event, handguns or long guns. Open carry is welcome and encouraged. Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws and procedures, that you can legally be in possession of a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. NEO Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and NEO Carry is not responsible and can not be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your best discretion as to what to do and not do. What to Bring: Your firearm, a holster (open or concealed), a sling or strap for long guns, a friend or friends! We will provide fliers to pass out. Hope to see everyone there!

Click here to RSVP
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/661059687254306/

This will coincide with the Cleveland PD Gun Buyback which will take place until 1pm. I will post more info as I get it.

Jordysoso

I'm definitely coming, I don't have a Facebook anymore so I can't RSVP officially, but ill be bringing friends!

NEOOpenCarry

I know I am sounding like a broken record, but has the planned route been checked not to include any GFSZ?

Not a broken record at all. None of us want to become instant felons haha. I have someone from the Cleveland area working on a route for us right now and in his requirements are as follows: needs to be downtown so we can reach the maximum number of people; needs to be near the gun buyback; and cannot be within 1000 feet of a school zone. I am also looking into all the school zones in Cleveland for public, private and charter just to make sure.

NEOOpenCarry

Here is a link to our media and public relations page.

http://www.neoopencarry.org/media--public-outreach.html

The press release for Cleveland is on it. You can download and print it to give to as many people as you can. We have also contacted Channel 5 News, Channel 3 News, Fox 8 News, 19 Action News, and the Plain Dealer, and are working at getting some local radio plugs as well. We hope to see lots of you there! Here is the press release in plain text form incase anyone can't download it:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (May 21, 2013):

Northeast Ohio Carry hosting a firearm education & awareness walk in Downtown Cleveland

Brett Pucillo- Founder & President
Neoopencarry@yahoo.com
(330) 690-1399

Cleveland, OH Saturday June 15, 2013 from 12-3pm-

The second amendment and firearm rights have been on the forefront of the political debate recently, and as such, many people have questions pertaining to the laws surrounding firearms in Ohio.

Northeast Ohio Carry will be holding a firearm education and awareness walk through downtown Cleveland on Saturday June 15th. We will be passing out educational flyers and answering any firearm related questions people may have. Most of our members will be openly carrying firearms of all varieties.

If you are interested in joining us for our walk, you can find more info and RSVP directly from our website, www.neoopencarry.org, our facebook page (Northeast Ohio Carry), or you can email Brett at neoopencarry@yahoo.com.

About NEO Carry:

NEO Carry was founded in 2012 to be the premier firearm education and advocacy group in Northeast Ohio. We are here to preserve the right of the average citizen to carry a firearm, and to educate them on the laws and safety issues that go along with responsible gun ownership. Our goal is to educate people on the issue of open carry, concealed carry, gun rights, self defense, and gun safety. We want people to get accustomed to seeing law abiding citizens carrying firearms, and confident in the fact that they have been properly educated. We want to take the fear, mystique and misconception out of gun ownership and firearm related issues. We will accomplish this goal by walking in the public with our firearms, promoting our group, our website, and our cause, forming reliable and lasting partnerships with law enforcement to ensure public safety during our events, and educating anyone and everyone who will listen.

eye95

I would love to participate. Unfortunately, this is the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Wright-Patt firearm counter. We are having a huge event, and there ain't no way in hell I am getting the day off.

Good luck and good times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

ShootinRugers

I would love to participate. Unfortunately, this is the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Wright-Patt firearm counter. We are having a huge event, and there ain't no way in hell I am getting the day off.

Good luck and good times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Is there anywhere you can store your firearm if you are coming from out of town? It is 'uncomfortable' drive over 3 hours unarmed. Plus it gets pricey having to get a hotel room just to use the facilities.

NEOOpenCarry

Is there anywhere you can store your firearm if you are coming from out of town? It is 'uncomfortable' drive over 3 hours unarmed. Plus it gets pricey having to get a hotel room just to use the facilities.

I'm not sure what you mean? Transport it when you drive? Do you have a CHL? And using the restroom when you are here shouldn't be a problem, I am sure gas stations, convenient stores, and fast food will be open and you could use them there.

eye95

If you don't have a CHL, just put the unloaded gun in a latching case and put the loaded magazine and loose round in a separately closing container (such as a pocket in your shirt or jacket that has a velcro closure).

I didn't have my CHL for the Youngstown walk. Someone else took charge of my pistol while I walked into a bar (ouch) and used their restroom. Easy-peasy.

ShootinRugers

I apologize for not being clear; eye95 said he would be at the Wright-Patt firearm counter the same weekend as the Cleveland walk.

The Cleveland OC walk also the same weekend we were thinking about making our bi-annual trip to Wright-Patt commissary/bx. I was looking for a place to store my firearm while I go on base. Getting a hotel is just getting to expensive.

My luck they'd be doing RVIs and I'd get dinged.

I think I have the wife talked into going up to Cleveland instead. But she still enjoys going to the commissary/bx.

Sorry for the confusion

Hareuhal

I don't know how WP works, but most bases you can simply notify Security Forces that you will be bringing a weapon on base, and they will lock it up in the armory until you leave.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

eye95

I apologize for not being clear; eye95 said he would be at the Wright-Patt firearm counter the same weekend as the Cleveland walk.

The Cleveland OC walk also the same weekend we were thinking about making our bi-annual trip to Wright-Patt commissary/bx. I was looking for a place to store my firearm while I go on base. Getting a hotel is just getting to expensive.

My luck they'd be doing RVIs and I'd get dinged.

I think I have the wife talked into going up to Cleveland instead. But she still enjoys going to the commissary/bx.

Sorry for the confusion

Now that you say that, your post is clear. Wow. I thought I was going nuts.

There is an armory on base where firearms can be stored. I don't know it they allow you to use it for temporary storage. It primarily exists for folks who live in the dorms to store their firearms.

You could leave the firearm in your car and walk on to the base.

I don't know of any other options.

I have been considering setting up some kind of storage facility just outside one of the gates for profit.

ShootinRugers

Now that you say that, your post is clear. Wow. I thought I was going nuts.

There is an armory on base where firearms can be stored. I don't know it they allow you to use it for temporary storage. It primarily exists for folks who live in the dorms to store their firearms.

You could leave the firearm in your car and walk on to the base.

I don't know of any other options.

I have been considering setting up some kind of storage facility just outside one of the gates for profit.

You could fund your retirement will into the 7 figures. Branch out to the VA also. If your franchise fees aren't to bad, I'll open one.

I had to go up to Cleveland VA last week unarmed. My previous visit I tried to parked on a side street but a local LEO was patrolling asked why I was parking there, I told him I had an appointment at the VA. He was pretty cool about it but that is why he was in the area, to many people are parking on the side streets blocking the residences. I ended up paying to park at the Natural History Museum.

I don't know how WP works, but most bases you can simply notify Security Forces that you will be bringing a weapon on base, and they will lock it up in the armory until you leave.

The armory is for permanent party. I've been told no from W-P. I called W-P earlier this year when I had to go down to see MPF. The Rod and Gun Club never returned my two phone calls. I was told no last year at Hill and Mtn Home. I might draft a letter to the JCS asking something to be done.

Last edited:

Hareuhal

Odd.....usually the armory is open to anyone who needs to store their firearm while visiting base..