• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheap Mexican food in an OC-friendly restaurant (Milwaukee)

MKEgal

Curben & I went to Conejito's Place for lunch today.
Cheap Mexican food that tastes good, just south of Downtown (by the 6th St. bridge).

Both OC, no problem at all from anyone...
even the MPD moto cop who was there eating his lunch.

http://www.conejitos-place.com/
539 W Virginia St., Milwaukee
(As I'm posting this, the site is having trouble, maybe because the URL was just posted on the WCI FB page & there's too much traffic.)

Last edited:

Teej

Yup. Been a few (5?) years since I've been there, but it's always been tasty and reasonable. Used to work a block away.

Looooots of good mexican in that area, though I typicalyl stick to chips, salsa, asada tacos and...well, my preferred beverage choice isn't firearm friendly so I'll omit. ;)

pkbites

Curben & I went to Conejito's Place for lunch today.
Cheap Mexican food that tastes good, just south of Downtown (by the 6th St. bridge).

Both OC, no problem at all from anyone...
even the MPD moto cop who was there eating his lunch.

http://www.conejitos-place.com/

(As I'm posting this, the site is having trouble, maybe because the URL was just posted on the WCI FB page & there's too much traffic.)

Conejitos has been a lunch spot for LEO's forever. I've never OC'd in there in civvys, though.

FYI (and totally unrelated to OC) about 3 weeks ago my wife and I were sitting in the outdoor patio area of the Milwaukee Distillery (directly across the street from Conejitos) and we saw a badger walking on the street in front of the restaurant. First time I ever saw one in the city.

MKEgal

pkbites said:
we saw a badger walking on the street in front of the restaurant.
First time I ever saw one in the city.
A live animal, short, wide, 4 legs, long claws, bad temper? That kind of badger?? :eek:
Never thought of them as getting along with people.
Certainly not something I'd think of as an opportunistic critter. Rats, raccoons, deer, yes.

t_taxus_badger.jpg

Firearms Iinstuctor

I thought you city folks always try and pet those nice fuzzy wild animals.

I came on a car deer crash and found a city gal holding the deer's head in her lap and petting it saying poor baby poor.

Then she said THAT PICKUP HIT AND JUST DROVE OFF, I did see a truck drive off big bumper, grill guard no damage.

She asked me what I was going to do I looked at the deer and said shoot it.

She jumped up yelling no, no ran to her Subaru and tore out of there.

Looking at the deer one could tell in was already dead lucky for her.