Thread: DHS has a strange ammo shopping list.

DHS has a strange ammo shopping list.

The DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center requires the following items, Exact Match Only, to the following:
    LI 001: THIS AWARD WILL RESULT IN AN ALL OR NONE PROCUREMENT. PARTIAL SHIPMENTS ARE ACCEPTABLE. NO BULK AMMINITION WILL BE ACCEPTABLE.
    24 HOURS PRIOR TO AMMUNITION DELIVERIES. DELIVERIES ARE TO BE MADE BY 3:00 P.M. MST; HOWEVER, EXCEPTION TO THIS MAY BE REQUIRED BY THE GOVERNMENT WITH 24 HOUR NOTIFICATION. PALLETS ARE TO BE DELIVERED ON THE TAIL OF THE DELIVERY TRAILER/TRUCK.
    45 COLT/LONG COLT total rounds 4000, 200, bx;
    LI 002: 45 ACP 230GR JHP 1000 rounds per box total rounds 20,000, 20, mx;
    LI 003: 22 LONG RIFLE CCI GREEN TAG COMPETITION RIMFIRE AMMUNITION total rounds 40,000, 400, bx;
    LI 004: .30 -30 150 GRAIN total rounds 4,680, 234, bx;
    LI 005: 12 GAUGE #8 BIRDSHOT WINCHESTER AA LIGHT TARGET AA128 total rounds 20,00, 80, bx;
    LI 006: 410 GAUGE #9 WINCHESTER AA TARGET AA4109 total rounds 10,000, 40, bx;
    LI 007: .357 MAGNUM 180 GRAIN JHP total rounds 6,000, 300, bx;
    LI 008: 7.69X39MM 123 GRAIN total rounds 5,000, 250, bx;
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...5c21a&_cview=0

Sounds like someone at DHS is just tired of finding empty shelves at Walmart.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-20-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Sounds like someone at DHS has a Taurus Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Sounds like someone at DHS has a Taurus Judge.
    I have been wanting to shoot one for a while now, they look like a blast.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Can't say I have heard of "7.69X39MM"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I have been wanting to shoot one for a while now, they look like a blast.
    I own a Circuit Judge. It is a fun concept.

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    AK47 standard ammo.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    AK47 standard ammo.
    7.62x39
    Last edited by eye95; 05-21-2013 at 06:38 AM.

DHS has a strange ammo shopping list.

i got a raging judge ultralite, rare pistol, 7rd cylinder!
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 05-21-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    It seems to be a common typo. I did a few searches for it and came back with 7.62x39
    http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=65253.0th
    http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/top...x39-out-there/
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 05-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    I'd like to meet the guy who can launch 180 grain .357 magnums (next to last item on the OP list). Even the venerable 158 grain .357 magnums will wake you up, even out of Smith 686 4" barrel. 180 grains at magnum velocity ought to be a wrist-cracker, needing a hydraulic recoil system.

Unless DHS has a buncha lever-action rifles chambered in .357 mag, I guess.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I'd like to meet the guy who can launch 180 grain .357 magnums (next to last item on the OP list). Even the venerable 158 grain .357 magnums will wake you up, even out of Smith 686 4" barrel. 180 grains at magnum velocity ought to be a wrist-cracker, needing a hydraulic recoil system.

You're over stating that. The recoil on a Colt Trooper MKIII frame is not bad with that.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You're over stating that. The recoil on a Colt Trooper MKIII frame is not bad with that.
    Uh-huh. Suuuuure. OK. If you're he-man enough to launch those, I'll consider that I've "met the guy".

But, you ain't gettin' me to shoot 180 grains at magnum velocities from no plain ol' revolver. Not more'n once, anyway. My masochist days of proving I can endure pain are a little ways behind me.

EETA: I just looked it up on the S&W forum. A poster said the .357 Trooper is almost identical in size to the S&W L frame. OK. So, its not a "small" medium-frame like a K frame. But, I still ain't shootin' it with 180 grain magnums.

ETA: Oh, I'm very suspicious now. I just looked up that MkIII on wikipedia. Says its a medium-frame revolver. Forget it! You just keep your 180 grain magnum loads to yerself. I don't want nuthin' whatever to do with it. I know how much 158 gr nothing-special magnums kick in an L-frame (large frame) S&W 686. You ain't tricking me into trying 180 grains in a medium framed revolver. Nope. No way.

And, what the heck does DHS want with that ammo, anyway. Are they totin' Desert Eagles over there?
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-21-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

And, what the heck does DHS want with that ammo, anyway. Are they totin' Desert Eagles over there?
    It reads like a personal shopping list.

Try .444 Marlin 340(?) grain round in hand gun.

The 180grain are for the .357 mag, you would love the .357 supermag.

Re: DHS has a strange ammo shopping list.

Can't be any worse than a 300gr 44