Thread: My OC business cards

My OC business cards

Here is an idea of a business card I designed. What do you think? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_download.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	10455
    Last edited by jsharp72; 05-20-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys. - Charlton Heston

My OC business cards

You can get them printed at www.vistaprint.com 250 cards for $10, look for the promo offer at the top of the page. If they ask for a code just use TMOS. Free shipping too.
    Last edited by DryBones; 05-20-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Did you like them? Do you think the wording and all sounds alright?
    A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys. - Charlton Heston

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lp.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	10456 ...or this one

"Carry in consent of all Kentucky laws" & "...Compliance with all US and Kentucky laws" ...

*Head desk*

*Face paw*

Newbs need educating...
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 05-21-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

It's such a shame that a method like this has to be employed to explain to fellow citizens why we are exercising a constitutional right.

People would be outraged if non-caucasian/minorities had to carry business cards explaining to citizens why they don't have to sit at the back of the bus.

Kudos for having the patience to explain to the ignorant, whilst spending your own cash to do so.

My OC business cards

Seems like a good card to me. I personally would not have the part about protecting my peers in there. We all have the right to carry weapons for our protection. If my peers choose not to do what's necessary to protect themselves I will not take the responsibility upon myself to protect them. I carry my firearm for the protection of myself and my family. If you choose to carry for the protection of others as well as yourself then the card is fine. It just doesn't fit why I carry. I'm not putting you down at all. It's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jsharp72 View Post
    Here is an idea of a business card I designed. What do you think? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_download.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	10455
    I have mixed feelings about it. Generally the idea is OK, might be helpful to hand to frightened sheeple. I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..." I think of myself as being honorable and I concealed carry most of the time. One reason sadly is to avoid frightening sheeple. Another is so that I am not the first target of a bad guy if I am in a public area and someone goes nuts, and last because in some places where it is legal to carry but they post "No weapons" signs, I carry anyway. It's none of the movie theater's business what I have in my bra, or in my purse, or under my jacket. I like the idea of a card telling folks it is our Constitutional right to carry and that I am a law abiding citizen merely exercising my rights, as millions of other law abiding Americans do. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaC
    I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..."
    Agreed

I prefer a more "matter of fact" approach. Putting rhetoric about intentions and honor may be intentionally misconstrued.
    Last edited by molonlabe821; 05-21-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Look at Post #22 at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Cards-STICKY

It's a card that OCDO member Ed made up for use in Virginia (where he lives). I'm sure it could easily be adapted to list Kentucky laws.

Ed has revised the laws on the back of the card as state laws have changed. If I have some of the previous year's cards left on July first when the new laws go into effect I cross out the ones that no longer apply and use them till the new cards are available.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Here are the ones I made up. I goofed up and put "Regulatory Statutes" instead of "Revised Statutes". Yes, face palm moment . I ordered through VistaPrint and everything looked good from a print perspective.

I've given a few of these out with some positive results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	10458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	10459  
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians." - George Mason

I'm liking Mantioch's Cards

Mantioch, do you have any stories or instances that you have given these out to people? ...or LEOs?

Thanks! I've given a few to family and such, but out in "the wild" so far, I've only given out one to a kid at a register that I thought was going to have a panic attack at the sight of my weapon. Here's the thread where I talk about it:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...tive-encounter
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians." - George Mason

seems kinda goofy, like the people who have concealed carry badges.

why can't everyone just carry guns if they want to and act normal, and make the activity a normal part of life

There are several folks here who have made cards. It helps to educate when people ask about OC. Some people, like me, enjoy educating people who are receptive to it. Others do not. For me, if I win over one for the cause, it advances my goal of making firearms "normal" again and not something only kid-killing wackos and LEOs carry.

why not just tell them, thats what i do

I too have a business card but it is from a different angle then the one you posted. I leave my cards with management and business owners that post the "No Guns Allowed" signs. It basically says;
    I noticed your "No Guns Allowed" sign and I will respect your wishes by shopping elsewhere.
    As a Legal Conceal Handgun License/Permit Holder I've:
    1. Never been convicted of a Felony.
    2. Never committed a crime of violence.
    3. Not under indictment or a fugitive from law.
    4. Have passed the KY State Police background check.
    What do you know about your other customers?

Keep in mind this card is aimed toward someone with a ccdw permit.

Orion

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaC View Post
    I have mixed feelings about it. Generally the idea is OK, might be helpful to hand to frightened sheeple. I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..." I think of myself as being honorable and I concealed carry most of the time. One reason sadly is to avoid frightening sheeple. Another is so that I am not the first target of a bad guy if I am in a public area and someone goes nuts, and last because in some places where it is legal to carry but they post "No weapons" signs, I carry anyway. It's none of the movie theater's business what I have in my bra, or in my purse, or under my jacket. I like the idea of a card telling folks it is our Constitutional right to carry and that I am a law abiding citizen merely exercising my rights, as millions of other law abiding Americans do. Peace.
    You don't happen to carry a Walther 380 do you? I work with a Rebecca C. that carries a Walther 380 in a Flash Bang bra holster. If it isn't you that has to be one hell of a coincidence.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    You don't happen to carry a Walther 380 do you? I work with a Rebecca C. that carries a Walther 380 in a Flash Bang bra holster. If it isn't you that has to be one hell of a coincidence.
    LOL, nope, Not me. I don't own a Walther. Glock 36, (THAT sure doesnt fit in a flashbang, lol), a Ruger P95 and a Ruger LCP 380. :-)

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner; been off the boards awhile.