• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My OC business cards

DrakeZ07

"Carry in consent of all Kentucky laws" & "...Compliance with all US and Kentucky laws" ...

:banghead:

*Head desk*

*Face paw*

Newbs need educating...

Last edited:

molonlabe821

It's such a shame that a method like this has to be employed to explain to fellow citizens why we are exercising a constitutional right. :mad:

People would be outraged if non-caucasian/minorities had to carry business cards explaining to citizens why they don't have to sit at the back of the bus.

Kudos for having the patience to explain to the ignorant, whilst spending your own cash to do so.

mellio

Seems like a good card to me. I personally would not have the part about protecting my peers in there. We all have the right to carry weapons for our protection. If my peers choose not to do what's necessary to protect themselves I will not take the responsibility upon myself to protect them. I carry my firearm for the protection of myself and my family. If you choose to carry for the protection of others as well as yourself then the card is fine. It just doesn't fit why I carry. I'm not putting you down at all. It's your choice.

RebeccaC

Here is an idea of a business card I designed. What do you think? View attachment 10455

I have mixed feelings about it. Generally the idea is OK, might be helpful to hand to frightened sheeple. I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..." I think of myself as being honorable and I concealed carry most of the time. One reason sadly is to avoid frightening sheeple. Another is so that I am not the first target of a bad guy if I am in a public area and someone goes nuts, and last because in some places where it is legal to carry but they post "No weapons" signs, I carry anyway. It's none of the movie theater's business what I have in my bra, or in my purse, or under my jacket. I like the idea of a card telling folks it is our Constitutional right to carry and that I am a law abiding citizen merely exercising my rights, as millions of other law abiding Americans do. Peace.

molonlabe821

RebeccaC said:
I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..."

Agreed

I prefer a more "matter of fact" approach. Putting rhetoric about intentions and honor may be intentionally misconstrued.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Look at Post #22 at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...pen-Carry-Flyers-amp-Information-Cards-STICKY

It's a card that OCDO member Ed made up for use in Virginia (where he lives). I'm sure it could easily be adapted to list Kentucky laws.

Ed has revised the laws on the back of the card as state laws have changed. If I have some of the previous year's cards left on July first when the new laws go into effect I cross out the ones that no longer apply and use them till the new cards are available.

stay safe.

Mantioch

Here are the ones I made up. I goofed up and put "Regulatory Statutes" instead of "Revised Statutes". Yes, face palm moment :banghead:. I ordered through VistaPrint and everything looked good from a print perspective.

I've given a few of these out with some positive results.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 150

jackjack

I'm liking Mantioch's Cards

Mantioch, do you have any stories or instances that you have given these out to people? ...or LEOs?

Mantioch

There are several folks here who have made cards. It helps to educate when people ask about OC. Some people, like me, enjoy educating people who are receptive to it. Others do not. For me, if I win over one for the cause, it advances my goal of making firearms "normal" again and not something only kid-killing wackos and LEOs carry.

Orion_13

I too have a business card but it is from a different angle then the one you posted. I leave my cards with management and business owners that post the "No Guns Allowed" signs. It basically says;
I noticed your "No Guns Allowed" sign and I will respect your wishes by shopping elsewhere.
As a Legal Conceal Handgun License/Permit Holder I've:
1. Never been convicted of a Felony.
2. Never committed a crime of violence.
3. Not under indictment or a fugitive from law.
4. Have passed the KY State Police background check.
What do you know about your other customers?

Keep in mind this card is aimed toward someone with a ccdw permit.

Orion

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I have mixed feelings about it. Generally the idea is OK, might be helpful to hand to frightened sheeple. I don't care for the line about "If your intentions are honorable, why conceal..." I think of myself as being honorable and I concealed carry most of the time. One reason sadly is to avoid frightening sheeple. Another is so that I am not the first target of a bad guy if I am in a public area and someone goes nuts, and last because in some places where it is legal to carry but they post "No weapons" signs, I carry anyway. It's none of the movie theater's business what I have in my bra, or in my purse, or under my jacket. I like the idea of a card telling folks it is our Constitutional right to carry and that I am a law abiding citizen merely exercising my rights, as millions of other law abiding Americans do. Peace.

You don't happen to carry a Walther 380 do you? I work with a Rebecca C. that carries a Walther 380 in a Flash Bang bra holster. If it isn't you that has to be one hell of a coincidence.

RebeccaC

You don't happen to carry a Walther 380 do you? I work with a Rebecca C. that carries a Walther 380 in a Flash Bang bra holster. If it isn't you that has to be one hell of a coincidence.
LOL, nope, Not me. I don't own a Walther. Glock 36, (THAT sure doesnt fit in a flashbang, lol), a Ruger P95 and a Ruger LCP 380. :)

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner; been off the boards awhile.